Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Calls for banning members.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 277 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 29.

Calls for banning members.

This thread currently has 6,395 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 8, 2021, 4:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from golfer

Hagrid - Please enlighten me on what Fat Cobra said to get him banned. Would he have been banned today ? I understand you had one or two spats with him.

i never had spats. just didnt like his choice of language! and it was constant, think it was just a mutual call from the Mods at the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Sandford1981
April 8, 2021, 4:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Users should be able to call for the banning of members they don’t like, the same people should also expect not to like being called a ‘member’ by others for doing so.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
ginnywings
April 8, 2021, 4:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I say what I like and I like what I bloody well say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY4tD2Hbg_A
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
Davec
April 8, 2021, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I remember there used to be a poster on this forum who was only a kid, he was immature and very raw which showed in the posts but he was only a kid, this poster was never rude or abusive, never caused any trouble but some senior posters on this forum at the time demanded for this poster to be banned from the forum purely on the basis he is immature.

Eventually he this poster was made a Moderator for a brief period which literally made older posters almost cry. In the end this poster did get banned purely on the basis his opinions were unpopular and nothing to do with abuse or causing trouble.

I'm sure many people will remember this poster and all you have to do is Google the posters name and the fishy and you'll find many threads on the archive section with posters demanding for this poster to be banned and also some other posters who didn't want him banned as he was harmless.

It is clear there are some posters on here who don't like people who has a different opinion to them.

This is what a forum is for, for people to voice their opinions and debate, going to be excrement if everybody had the same opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
forza ivano
April 8, 2021, 5:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Davec
I remember there used to be a poster on this forum who was only a kid, he was immature and very raw which showed in the posts but he was only a kid, this poster was never rude or abusive, never caused any trouble but some senior posters on this forum at the time demanded for this poster to be banned from the forum purely on the basis he is immature.

Eventually he this poster was made a Moderator for a brief period which literally made older posters almost cry. In the end this poster did get banned purely on the basis his opinions were unpopular and nothing to do with abuse or causing trouble.

I'm sure many people will remember this poster and all you have to do is Google the posters name and the fishy and you'll find many threads on the archive section with posters demanding for this poster to be banned and also some other posters who didn't want him banned as he was harmless.

It is clear there are some posters on here who don't like people who has a different opinion to them.

This is what a forum is for, for people to voice their opinions and debate, going to be excrement if everybody had the same opinion.

Hi Aaron!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2021, 5:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I thought Aaron was a character. A persona adopted by someone taking the pish.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
Kris2
April 8, 2021, 5:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Hagrid
i dont like Kris2, but i'd not say ban him, public form, folk can post what they like long as it doesnt cross an abusive line

remember a bloke called Fat Cobra, got himself banned off here

For the record I don't dislike you and think you post a lot of good stuff. Do think you can be a bit of a moaning git and obsessively attack a single player though, like you're not happy unless you have somebody you can focus on and moan about.

Somebody else doesn't like me on here because I pointed out that every week they have a go at Macca for every little thing, even goals that were not his fault. Ryan Bennett also didn't like me because I made a joke about him and Danny North buying sweets in Tesco with some of the youth team members making them unfit, he was so salty that he made an account just to come shout me down, he claimed they were buying sandwiches that were in a completely different aisle   and then confronted me at Tesco a week later after he recognised me as the only person who was in the aisle while they were feeding their goodie habit. I didn't moan that he had a go at me here though because it wasn't that big of a deal to me.

In the end opinions are opinions, as long as you're not disruptive or trolling for the sake of it then you should be entitled to them. You can't please everyone though.  

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2021, 5:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Sandford1981
Users should be able to call for the banning of members they don’t like, the same people should also expect not to like being called a ‘member’ by others for doing so.

Calling for someone to be banned is merely an expression of freedom of speech. As you say, you have a right to call for it.

Actually banning them is a different matter.

Anyway, I don’t think the poster calling for Fills Notches to be banned was doing so because he disagreed with Notches, but because Notches is obnoxious.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
ginnywings
April 8, 2021, 5:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Calling for someone to be banned is merely an expression of freedom of speech. As you say, you have a right to call for it.

Actually banning them is a different matter.

Anyway, I don’t think the poster calling for Fills Notches to be banned was doing so because he disagreed with Notches, but because Notches is obnoxious.

Obnoche- A person who is darkly obnoxious.

It will be in the OED next edition.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Fishy clapper
April 8, 2021, 6:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Hagrid

i never had spats. just didnt like his choice of language! and it was constant, think it was just a mutual call from the Mods at the time

Fat Cobra never went anywhere unlike your blue font you flipping sharp object
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Calls for banning members.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.