Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow Help Please.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 103 Guests

iFollow Help Please.

This thread currently has 960 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Mallyner
March 7, 2021, 10:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 22
I have watched all but one game this season on iFollow and apart from earlier problems which most people had, have had few since.

However, for the last 3 games I have had problems with losing the game on occasions and the spinning middle, which was worst than ever yesterday and I missed the entire extra time; which before anybody says it, was probably a good thing.

We have the top Virgin broadband, I use a HP laptop with full Bullguard protection and am wise enough not to click on Spam and Virus links.

In the Tuesday game when this happened, I was able to access the Fishy using another window, so I don't think it's anything to do with the Internet connection.

I am open to suggestions from IT brains on here, as I would like to watch the game at Carlisle without this happening.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
March 7, 2021, 10:36am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
GG
March 7, 2021, 2:02pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Email iFollow@efl.com with the subject line saying Unsubscribe. That's what I did, no problems since and I don't get depressed on a Saturday afternoon anymore.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 5
Zmariner
March 7, 2021, 2:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,062
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Mallyner
I have watched all but one game this season on iFollow and apart from earlier problems which most people had, have had few since.

However, for the last 3 games I have had problems with losing the game on occasions and the spinning middle, which was worst than ever yesterday and I missed the entire extra time; which before anybody says it, was probably a good thing.

We have the top Virgin broadband, I use a HP laptop with full Bullguard protection and am wise enough not to click on Spam and Virus links.

In the Tuesday game when this happened, I was able to access the Fishy using another window, so I don't think it's anything to do with the Internet connection.

I am open to suggestions from IT brains on here, as I would like to watch the game at Carlisle without this happening.

I have the same set up as you on Bullguard and virgin and use a Dell ( very new) laptop. I have had buffering for the last 3 games as well for the first time. All i do is log out completely and back in and it always seems to fix it. This also has the advantage that you miss some of the game. I was once logged out for 72 minutes but I never missed a Grimsby attack ( that was a joke....). Soemthing has changed but not badly and I use Chrome utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
FishOutOfWater
March 7, 2021, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.16
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Mallyner

I had a similar thing happen to me Mallyner

Some teething problems at the start of the season but since then generally it's been ok

Until last Tuesday.... just could not get on line

I went on the chat thing with one of their customer service guys ( Ivan - the terrible as it turned out )

He told me which browsers I could use etc etc and despite me saying I'd tried Chrome, Edge and also my iPhone without any success, offered no real solution

He then told me that I only had iFollow audio access from my account so that was why I couldn't see anything.... that was a red flag

When I sent him a copy of the confirmation of payment email,  he just said I needed to get in touch with them by email and then disconnected the chat

Anyway despite his "best" efforts I did just that - sent to ifollow@efl.com - and am still to hear back from them as to why I paid my money and couldn't access the feed, 5 days later

I took a chance going on yesterday but it was fine.... no issues at all

Still doesn't explain why last Tuesday I had no feed after paying for it and iFollow basically not giving a damn  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 5
Mallyner
March 7, 2021, 8:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 22
Thank you very much everybody for taking the time to reply. I will have a good follow up of your suggestions tomorrow.

As for your suggestion GG does it also stop you getting depression on a Tuesday?

I must admit I woke up about 3:00 am on Weds morning with the most horrible feeling of depression which I couldn't put a finger on and it was only after running through my life for 15 minutes, when I remembered the game.

Hopefully after Carlisle I will only have happy thoughts. UTM.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow Help Please.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.