This thread currently has 2,240 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
scott_gtfc_89
March 2, 2021, 11:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
One maybe two of the signings in January are maybe a ‘Little’ bit better than any of Holloway’s at the start of the season,

From what I have seen from Payne I don’t think he offers anymore than what green offered us, maybe this is because his isolated up there by himself?

Bunney is probably one of the worst signings I’ve seen for ages for us in the few games his played. Habergham has to start on Saturday or hendire as left back.

Eastwood can’t be at fault for many of the goals conceded but kicking needs to improve, is he really any better than macca?

Menayese is getting better game by game,

Matete tries hard but maybe not that good enough yet?

El Mizouni doesn’t do no way near enough for me if his going to be playing behind a lone striker.

Lamy and the shop deserve there chance to start now, shown enough for me when brought on.

Obviously Coke needs time to settle in.

Any I have missed cannot obvs stand out enough to make a difference.

Would like to see Scanell given a proper chance, started to look good before he got injured again, also Jackson JR worked hard when we got his stint, hopefully Hanson can stay injury free now because we’re going to need him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
LouthMariner
March 2, 2021, 11:49pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 3
The players are better, except maybe Bunny, it's the tactics that are worse. All us fans want to see is us go down fighting. But the last 2 games there hasn't been any fight. I'd rather lose 3.1 going for it than 1.0 defending hoping for a lucky goal. We need to play attacking players in an attacking formation on Saturday and go for it. We cannot stay up if we don't win and at this moment we can't score never mind win. We have got nothing to defend so let's get at them from the off, not the last 10 or 20 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
lukeo
March 3, 2021, 6:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from LouthMariner
The players are better, except maybe Bunny, it's the tactics that are worse. All us fans want to see is us go down fighting. But the last 2 games there hasn't been any fight. I'd rather lose 3.1 going for it than 1.0 defending hoping for a lucky goal. We need to play attacking players in an attacking formation on Saturday and go for it. We cannot stay up if we don't win and at this moment we can't score never mind win. We have got nothing to defend so let's get at them from the off, not the last 10 or 20 minutes.

This! I highly rate the 2 cms he's brought in and cb. Its just the way we're setting up. If we have 2 upfront (the shop + one other) I reckon we'd be doing slightly better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Davec
March 3, 2021, 8:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Is Eastwood better than McKeown? From what I have seen absolutely yes. Eastwood was very good against Harrogate on Saturday and I think Mckeown may have conceded some of the shots Eastwood saved. Eastwood's distribution does let him down but so did McKeown's

How can anybody highly rate Menayese? Granted we are all entitled to our opinions but from what I have seen he looks very chaotic and looks like a disaster waiting to happen every single game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
pen penfras
March 3, 2021, 8:04am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Davec
Is Eastwood better than McKeown? From what I have seen absolutely yes. Eastwood was very good against Harrogate on Saturday and I think Mckeown may have conceded some of the shots Eastwood saved. Eastwood's distribution does let him down but so did McKeown's

How can anybody highly rate Menayese? Granted we are all entitled to our opinions but from what I have seen he looks very chaotic and looks like a disaster waiting to happen every single game.

Menayese looked good last night. He was poor in every game before that, but maybe he's settled in now. He hasn't been any worse than Pollock or Waterfall, who get torn apart virtually every week with their lack of pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
ska face
March 3, 2021, 8:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
What’s wrong with Eastwood’s kicking now? Or have we not actually got something to complain about with him?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Davec
March 3, 2021, 8:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from ska face
What’s wrong with Eastwood’s kicking now? Or have we not actually got something to complain about with him?

Haven't you seen? He often kicks it out into touch...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
pontoonlew
March 3, 2021, 8:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Davec

Haven't you seen? He often kicks it out into touch...

That happened a lot against Crawley in the wind, hasn’t happened since.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
male private Nale
March 3, 2021, 9:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
The best signing for me is turning out to be mayenese, he is getting better each time he plays , reading game well, winning headers and has pace.
This love in for matete I do not see , he huffs and puffs puts the odd tackle in but not a lot else, not enough killer passes to warrant the superlatives but he is only young. I feel when on the ball Mizouni carries it better out of the two but he doesn’t get on it often enough.
Adam seems no better than the last lot of young loan signings who struggled to get on the ball.
Coke , lamy and the shop are probably all struggling with match fitness so will see more of them as season progresses.
Bunney is ready for the casserole pot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
forza ivano
March 3, 2021, 9:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Davec

Have not been impressed with Menayese but i thought he did well last night, and was definitely his best game so far
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hursts Signings

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.