Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,669
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from headingly_mariner
They’ve sacked their manager tonight.

sodomist.

Now they will no doubt get a new manager bounce.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
Teestogreen
February 23, 2021, 11:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -147
Gold Stars: 23
Still think it’s us, Barrow and Southend for the drop ( 2 from 3).
Paul will ensure it is not us imo - kip

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
marinerdazza
February 24, 2021, 8:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Stevenage are dreadful. They are nowhere near safe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 24, 2021, 9:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
So we need to see the big picture - not panic if we lose one (we will!) but steadily amass points and keep our eye on the total we need to stay up. If we get a win, a draw and a loss out of every set of 3 games we'll survive.

Every loss for Barrow and Southend is a bonus for us. And Colchester do look like they're doing their best to make the relegation picture more interesting.

UTM

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
diehardmariner
February 24, 2021, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,600
Gold Stars: 538
Although the gap between the last relegation spot (us) and 16th (Scunthorpe) is 11 points, that's not a lot over a potential of 54 points to win/lose.  A few wins on the bounce and you're feeling pretty, as is the case up the M180, or a few defeats and you're looking over your shoulder nervously.

Glad there's a bit more positivity about the place after last night, but our horrible goal difference is effectively another point we need to make up.  Would be some effort to claw that back to those around us. Oddly, everyone else in our league seems to have decent goal differences when you compare across other leagues.   Ours and Southend is about what you would expect for teams in the bottom two. The three places above us are -6, -8 and -7 respectively.  In League One the bottom six have all got goal differences of -20 or worse.  In the Championship it's only rock bottom Wycombe who have a goal difference that's cast adrift from everyone else.

I don't think we're going to drag our goal difference back to a position that it matches those around us (Southend aside), or if we do then I'll be amazed if we end the season even giving relegation a second thought.  Essential we get points on the board and pull away from those places.  I can't stomach the final games worrying about how many we need to score or someone else needs to concede.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
TownSNAFU5
February 24, 2021, 11:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Playing Barrow is a critical game.  High stakes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
DB
February 25, 2021, 2:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
New Colchester Manager Wayne Brown was the manager of Isthmian League North Division side Maldon & Tiptree. Looks as if U's chairman took a leaf out of Fenty's book and went for a cheap option!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
aldi_01
February 25, 2021, 6:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The league is terrible, top to bottom, all that has varied is the level of shitness and some teams have the ability to develop some consistency.

Colchester look to be desperate to join the relegation party; coincidentally, I may be wrong but didn’t they make some very knee jerk type decisions related to Covid much like us? Like I say I may be wrong but I seem to remember them furloughing everyone and his dog and essentially abandoning their youth system or something like that...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 25, 2021, 7:55am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +840
Gold Stars: 117
I suppose one thing we can be grateful to Ollie for is that he went when he did. Timing wise it allowed Hurst to delve into the transfer market. With the current game of Manager bingo in our league, any new incumbents only have the players they inherited to work with. Small mercies I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
pontoonlew
February 25, 2021, 7:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
The best thing about Colchesters slide into the abyss is that they now have no choice but to play with what they have.

At least we knew we were shite early enough to at least do something about it in January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.