Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › At the risk of sounding like DB...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 344 Guests

At the risk of sounding like DB...

This thread currently has 4,243 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
February 19, 2021, 1:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
...anyone heard anything on the takeover? Anyone in the know, unofficially, no names asked? Anything you want to share Forza?

The bubbly I was advised to keep on ice has long since been drunk (as was I). Should I get more or would it just sit there tempting me all week until I weaken and end up in kalsarikännit situation?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Chrisblor
February 19, 2021, 1:46pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Not unduly concerned, Stockwood suggested it was still over a week away on February 6th:

https://twitter.com/jstockwood/status/1358009571621634048

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
forza ivano
February 19, 2021, 2:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
Chris Blor has summed it up.have heard nothing to hear that it won't be happening soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
DB
February 19, 2021, 2:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,873
Gold Stars: 383
Doppelganger

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
KingstonMariner
February 19, 2021, 5:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I wasn't concerned (although it's never over until it's over, the Fat Lady has sung and the Fraud's Friend has left the building), just wondering whether it was imminent.  Tomorrow's 2 weeks since Feb 6th.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
DB
February 26, 2021, 10:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
It is DB

Has anybody heard anything, twitter, facebook, instgram etc

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Poojah
February 26, 2021, 10:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Whilst Grimsby Town PLC is not a large organisation in the big scheme of things, this is still a seven figure transaction for a business with a complex asset structure.

The last time I bought a house (and it wasn't quite for seven figures, by the way), it still took over three months from 'agreeing' the deal with the previous owner to receiving the keys because there are a series of slow moving legal procedures that have to be followed to make sure that neither party gets shafted. The sale of GTFC is more complex than that.

It's less than two months since head terms were agreed - it's still early days. We all want this done quickly so we can move on and hopefully look forward to a brighter future, but we will have to be patient. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that there is anything awry with the deal - it will absolutely happen in my opinion, we're just going to have to wait for the legal wrangling's to complete.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
diehardmariner
February 26, 2021, 11:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,096
Gold Stars: 520
Whilst we're all desperate for it to happen, well most of us, other than the lift it would give the fans we wouldn't really get a benefit now anyway.

We've got what we've got in the building now, that's what will either keep us or or see us go down.  Stockwood et al. coming in tomorrow wont improve anything on the field and whilst they'll no doubt crack on with the operational stuff in the background, as fans we won't really see or feel any improvements until we're utilising the club for something other than a glorified TV show every Saturday afternoon.

Stockwood especially is a legitimate figure.  He isn't going to put his name out there on Twitter and talk about takeovers unless it's the real deal.  

I totally get it regarding just wanting it done and would love to see it announced midweek, right before a key home game and then BP absolutely packed to the rafters on the Saturday with the mood effectively giving us a 2-0 lead before we've even kicked a ball.  But that isn't the case, sadly.

It'll be done and when we're back as proper customers I'm sure it'll slowly feel better and we enjoy the product and experience that little bit more.  It'll be refreshing to go back with the club under a different direction and with refreshed focus.  I just hope that our focus is on progression through 2021 and beyond, not feeling like we're in 2015 all over again and everything is about getting out of non-league.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
DB
February 26, 2021, 12:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Thank you for your replies but I don't do social media and just wondered, as you do.

Incidentally Poojah I was once involved with mortgages and the quickest I knew of was 12 hours. Everything in place and ready to execute.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
ska face
February 26, 2021, 12:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,362
Gold Stars: 824
I imagine they’re still waiting for Fenty to stop spinning on the floor from when he realised he was getting £2.5m for running the club into the dirt.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/L8H3T2s8/7-EDA1-EE8-E4-A0-4735-9-BCD-CDD45-AF5-EA46.gif[/img]
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › At the risk of sounding like DB...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.