Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Issues down the road....
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 394 Guests

Issues down the road....

This thread currently has 4,028 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 22, 2021, 3:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Interesting couple of articles in the Telewag these past couple of days that point towards discontent down the road in Scunny. Interesting to see whether this shows on the field tomorrow, but it appears some fans are calling for Neil Cox to be sacked and chairman Peter Swann to leave.

The Scunny reporter appears to be blaming the players as opposed to the manager, and with Swann it appears the club aren't looking too handsome off the field. He is open to the sale of the club but is stating there is absolutely nobody interested in investing or taking over.

With our issues levelling off with the exit of Holloway and Fenty on the edge of departure, it could be the best time to play them tomorrow. I really hope our boys are up for this. It's going to be the biggest derby in a long while.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....-no-interest-4906677

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/scunthorpe-united-neil-cox-swann-4912098

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
MarinerDevil
January 22, 2021, 3:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,635
Gold Stars: 78
3-0 loss incoming then.  

Their 2019 accounts showed they owed Swann's company £9m.  And he charges interest on that.  Just when we thought we had a problem with an owner holding the club hostage, how is he ever going to get that back?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 22, 2021, 3:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,988
Gold Stars: 285
"with our issues levelling off..."

I know you're being optimistic but 2nd from bottom of the league and Fenty still in charge is not a levelling off of issues. I feel that we can see the light and there's a plan to get to the light but we are definitely not there yet.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
HertsGTFC
January 22, 2021, 3:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from MarinerDevil
3-0 loss incoming then.  

Their 2019 accounts showed they owed Swann's company £9m.  And he charges interest on that.  Just when we thought we had a problem with an owner holding the club hostage, how is he ever going to get that back?  

More money than sense.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
RichMariner
January 22, 2021, 3:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
When they first made it up into the Championship — unless I've misremembered this bit — they were financially well run. One of the few clubs in the 92 that turned over a profit.

I thought they did well out of their seasons up there, but they seemed to have chucked money at getting back up there and plummeted to a depth where the debt looks even more ludicrous.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
HertsGTFC
January 22, 2021, 3:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
Interesting couple of articles in the Telewag these past couple of days that point towards discontent down the road in Scunny. Interesting to see whether this shows on the field tomorrow, but it appears some fans are calling for Neil Cox to be sacked and chairman Peter Swann to leave.

The Scunny reporter appears to be blaming the players as opposed to the manager, and with Swann it appears the club aren't looking too handsome off the field. He is open to the sale of the club but is stating there is absolutely nobody interested in investing or taking over.

With our issues levelling off with the exit of Holloway and Fenty on the edge of departure, it could be the best time to play them tomorrow. I really hope our boys are up for this. It's going to be the biggest derby in a long while.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....-no-interest-4906677

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/scunthorpe-united-neil-cox-swann-4912098

Just seen on Twitter that they've barred the GET from attending tomorrows game.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 22, 2021, 3:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,988
Gold Stars: 285
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Just seen on Twitter that they've barred the GET from attending tomorrows game.

This all feels very familiar......

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
RonMariner
January 22, 2021, 3:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Looks like a perfect opportunity for Ian Holloway to buy into the club, move home, and create the legacy he desires..........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 22, 2021, 4:00pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from RichMariner
When they first made it up into the Championship — unless I've misremembered this bit — they were financially well run. One of the few clubs in the 92 that turned over a profit.

I thought they did well out of their seasons up there, but they seemed to have chucked money at getting back up there and plummeted to a depth where the debt looks even more ludicrous.

Swanny is married to the heiress of the Wilkinson stores, he has only been at Scunny for 5 or 6 years i think. He was Gainsborough Trinity chairman and to be honest he was fairly popular amongst fans, although after appointing Brian Little and letting him sign a truck load of expensive ex Pro's and they nearly went down. He the appointed a local manager, and they just missed out on promotion to the National League.

Where he fell on his behind was when the social club who are joined to the ground and who own it refused to sell it to him. He then said he would build a new stadium but ended up selling and buying Scunny as well. Always been a controversial figure head.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 22, 2021, 4:02pm

Champagne Drinker
"with our issues levelling off..."

I know you're being optimistic but 2nd from bottom of the league and Fenty still in charge is not a levelling off of issues. I feel that we can see the light and there's a plan to get to the light but we are definitely not there yet.

I think when you look at what we've gone through in the past few months, regardless of still being where we are in the table with one gone and one going it's fair to say we are sitting happier than we were. Which was my point. Having said that once the takeover is completed I will breath a little easier.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Issues down the road....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.