3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
January 17, 2021, 1:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Lisa Piggott commented on Facebook yesterday that changes in training facilities are imminent.
Anyone know what's involved ? Have i missed something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
MNH1972
January 17, 2021, 1:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +215
Gold Stars: 5
You can’t have enough portacabins
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
ska face
January 17, 2021, 1:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,557
Gold Stars: 839
Changing the flights
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
denni266
January 17, 2021, 1:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
players  have been given hearing aids  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
Davec
January 17, 2021, 1:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Below is copy and paste of the post.

I know how fed up we all are.  Watching footy in the TV is not the same as being out in the freezing , wet cold sat in the Youngs Lower getting soaking wet through watching our beloved team.  But today we Desperately need 3 Points I don’t care how we get them.  So Positive thoughts and posts till kick-off (and a few prayers).  With a manager we trust,potential new owners looking around BP and traning facilities changes are imminent.  Stay positive, stay safe UTM ⚽️❤️⚽️❤️

I didn't take it as changes in training facilities I read it as she was just mentioning that the new owners looked around the BP and the training ground and changes in general are imminent, not that training facilities changes are imminent.

We do seriously need to revamp our training facilities however and potentially look at an out of town training ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
HertsGTFC
January 17, 2021, 1:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Davec
Below is copy and paste of the post.

I know how fed up we all are.  Watching footy in the TV is not the same as being out in the freezing , wet cold sat in the Youngs Lower getting soaking wet through watching our beloved team.  But today we Desperately need 3 Points I don’t care how we get them.  So Positive thoughts and posts till kick-off (and a few prayers).  With a manager we trust,potential new owners looking around BP and traning facilities changes are imminent.  Stay positive, stay safe UTM ⚽️❤️⚽️❤️

I didn't take it as changes in training facilities I read it as she was just mentioning that the new owners looked around the BP and the training ground and changes in general are imminent, not that training facilities changes are imminent.

We do seriously need to revamp our training facilities however and potentially look at an out of town training ground.

When you look at what the players walk into every day I wonder if they feel like “professional” footballers having to work with such poor facilities.

Regardless of where the training ground is players will travel/relocate for decent facilities, a fair length contract that reflects their value and to play for a half decent team. All of which we’ve fallen short on.

You will get a much better house for your money versus most of the UK too.

That said geographically have a facility up the A180 may help attract more talent.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
oochiad
January 17, 2021, 2:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
I don’t like the phrase ‘potential new owners’. It makes me nervous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
TownSNAFU5
January 17, 2021, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,851
Gold Stars: 42
Maybe we are actually going to be doing some training?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
Gaffer58
January 17, 2021, 2:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Reposition of the dart board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
StaffsMariner
January 17, 2021, 2:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
More cones is the latest rumour
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Changes in training facilities

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.