Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hold your nerve everyone...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 95 Guests

Hold your nerve everyone...

This thread currently has 8,459 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
January 10, 2021, 8:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
I’m still right behind them, as difficult as it is. UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
oochiad
January 10, 2021, 8:37am
Cocktail Drinker
I’m still right behind them, as difficult as it is. UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
forza ivano
January 10, 2021, 12:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,261
Gold Stars: 266
the trouble is that there were no, nil, non, nada, zero, positives to take from that match yesterday.
and that is despite the fact that Hurst has had a week on the training pitch with them, and you'd imagine they'd be extra keen to show that they deserved their place, and they'd be busting agut to impress the new boss.
There was nothing. port vale were in aworse situation - their coach had only had 2-3 days with them, but they went out and did what we should've been doing. they were keen, hardworking, vocal and wanted it more than we did. their commentators were constantly going on about the transformation
that's probably why hurst was so down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
Yoda
January 10, 2021, 12:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,190
Gold Stars: 72
We are on a mess and i cannot see a way out of the situation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
moosey_club
January 10, 2021, 12:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,288
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from RonMariner
The problem with taking comfort from how close we are to the clubs above us is that the direction of travel is shocking.

Not so long ago some were saying that Southend were as good as down, so one relegation place was already filled.

A few matches ago people were saying, it's ok, we have a six point gap top the drop zone.

In December it was ok because we have games against the bottom feeders and had the opportunity to pick up plenty of points and move well away from the danger zone.

Today we are in the drop zone. The team one point below us are near the top of the form table with games in hand. In recent weeks we have played teams mostly in the bottom six and have beaten only one of them.

Our top scorer is our centre half.  We have a keeper who has given away daft goals, as has his replacement. Our defense is awful.We have the worst goal difference in the division. We have no strikers worthy of the name. We lack strength and creativity in midfield. Most of our players seem unable to master the basics of the game.

It's not a question of holding nerve. It's a question of waking up and smelling the coffee. We basically need a new team.

It is going to be tough to persuade enough quality players to join us. Hurst has a huge task. We need to face the fact that despite the new manager, new owners, and an injection of cash, the rot might simply be to deep to fix this season, especially it it is terminated early and we have to go to PPG.  

But we do have a healthy bank balance 🤣, such negativity

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
Marinerdan
January 10, 2021, 12:43pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Biggest positive for me is everyone who cares about the club can see exactly how bad we are and what we need to survive.

We’re desperately lacking in quality throughout the spine of the team and we need to pull out all of the stops to bring the right players in.

It’s quite impressive that Holloway managed to assemble such a huge squad and still only have 2 cb’s and only two experienced   strikers, both 34 and one crocked.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
grimsby pete
January 10, 2021, 12:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,823
Gold Stars: 222
Now we have a week off so if it was not for the lockdown we could send the 1st team on a 2 weeks break in the sun.

As it is they will still be here next week so let's hope Paul can come up with 4 or 5 good signings to turn this horrible run round.

Well we can hope.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
oochiad
January 10, 2021, 1:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
I’m not giving up, but it’s not realistic to think we’ll get a result in the next few games though. We need to be patient and hope Hurst will turn it around but it will take a little time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
devs
January 10, 2021, 1:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
I think it might get worse before it gets better
My only fear with that is we may be 6-8pts off safety by then
Hanson - is going to be very ring rusty...so don't expect a glut of goals from him

PH is having to turn the ship around mid season  - not easy to do for a whole number of reasons

At one point yesterday we had 67% possession - but it is meaningless in non threatening areas
As PH said - they were way better where it counted
"We need to be more lethal in both boxes"

One point... PH made it very clear that he's bringing in several new faces; the current squad know this
Could that make them care even less?
Another reason why it might get worse before getting better?

I also felt our best defensive effort in weeks was when Hewitt partnered Pollock v Scunny (I think that is right?)
Someone with a bit of pace at the back is vital

Check - someone to show some fecking leadership at the back is vital

I simply cannot pick anyone from yesterday who came out of the game with any credit

Very very worrying

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
RonMariner
January 10, 2021, 1:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,786
Gold Stars: 226
I just don't see the current squad being able to beat an in form Southend. if we don't sign a few new players this week I think we will be bottom of the table on Saturday night.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hold your nerve everyone...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.