2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2020, 5:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Looks like it started earlier than we thought and is going to have a longer lasting effect:

“ Cod Almighty add: Our thanks to Gavin, and to Pitch Publishing for permission to publish this extract from Because it's Saturday: a journey into football's heartlands. Through the 2018-29 season, Gavin met players, officials and supporters from seven different clubs in England and Scotland.”

From here: http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=7726

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
golfer
December 3, 2020, 4:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
If we get vaccinated with the German stuff and it has to be at  minus 70 degrees Centigrade it aint gonna come out of the needle and if it does yer arm 'al fall off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Cambridgefish
December 4, 2020, 6:25am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Looks like it started earlier than we thought and is going to have a longer lasting effect:

“ Cod Almighty add: Our thanks to Gavin, and to Pitch Publishing for permission to publish this extract from Because it's Saturday: a journey into football's heartlands. Through the 2018-29 season, Gavin met players, officials and supporters from seven different clubs in England and Scotland.”

From here: http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=7726

What’s Covid got to do with that article? PS Total UK deaths from Covid of people without underlying health conditions = 4,500.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
GollyGTFC
December 4, 2020, 8:28am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Cambridgefish

What’s Covid got to do with that article? PS Total UK deaths from Covid of people without underlying health conditions = 4,500.

Just because somebody has an underlying health issues doesn’t mean they can’t live a long life. This suggestion that “they would have died anyway” is frankly as wrong as it is disgusting. To quantify “healthy deaths” suggests that the lives of those with underlying conditions aren’t as important. It dehumanises the most vulnerable in our society.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 15
Yoda
December 4, 2020, 8:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
Average age of people who have died of it allegedly is 82.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
barralad
December 4, 2020, 9:26am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Just because somebody has an underlying health issues doesn’t mean they can’t live a long life. This suggestion that “they would have died anyway” is frankly as wrong as it is disgusting. To quantify “healthy deaths” suggests that the lives of those with underlying conditions aren’t as important. It dehumanises the most vulnerable in our society.

Absolutely spot on Golly. Sick of hearing the "but these people had underlying health conditions" as though it makes it almost matter of fact.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
diehardmariner
December 4, 2020, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,600
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Yoda
Average age of people who have died of it allegedly is 82.

Key word, allegedly.

It's not just about the deaths.  It's about the enormous strain it puts on the already stretched health system.  That has a knock-on.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Cambridgefish
December 4, 2020, 10:30am
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You are conflating two separate comments.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
samg
December 4, 2020, 4:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
It's all very worrying if I'm honest - my daughters just tested positive for covid who's 18 and lives with us - I'm in the clinically extremely vulnerable list because I have rheumatoid arthritis and with the medication I'm on basically I have no immune system - I'm afraid it's fingers crossed time and hope for the best UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Cambridgefish
December 4, 2020, 4:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner

Key word, allegedly.

It's not just about the deaths.  It's about the enormous strain it puts on the already stretched health system.  That has a knock-on.

There are currently 15,000 people in hospital with COVID and of those  1,500 are on ventilators.  
NHS has 1,500,000 staff.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid worse than we thought

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.