Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who's bright idea was it to set up a fundraiser?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 232 Guests

Who's bright idea was it to set up a fundraiser?

This thread currently has 3,296 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 27, 2020, 2:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
Oh yeh, that'll be me then........muggins.

Dont worry, I havent forgotten about it, in fact exactly the opposite!

When I set the fundraiser up, I didnt have a current account, so set one up about a week after the fundraiser went live. JustGiving (JG) give you, initially, 30 days in which to add bank account details. I did this a couple of days after the new bank account was set up........but this is when it goes mad.

I entered my current account details, but because the account was very new, their automated system didnt recognise the new account number so instead of turning it down flat, they asked me to send copies of documents so they could verify the account. Now the problem was that they wanted a letter from the bank with my name, address, sort code and account number all on one letter. But because the account had only just been set up, I didnt have a single piece of paper with all four requirements on. So I sent copies of all of the letters I had had that had come with the account confirmation (name and address) and debit card (sort code and account number)(the letter also had my name and address on but because the debit card which was attached to the piece of papaer was exactly that, they wouldnt accept it. It wasnt printed). I downloaded an online statement, which is what they suggested, but the account number is asterisked out and no name or address.

I have explained my situation to JG several times now but they keep insisting that I send them the correct documents WHICH I DONT HAVE!!!! They are really peeing me off now. They dont have a phone number to call to speak to anyone, so the only way to contact them is through a helpline email address, which on the last three times I sent details to them, the first time it took them TWELVE days to answer, and the second and third time it has taken 6 days each time. Infuriating isnt a strong enough word.

Because I had 'tried' to enter my bank details, it then automatically give you another 30 days on top of the original 30 days in which to complete adding bank details, so as it stands, of the 60 days I have been allocated, I currently only have 23 left, and the way they are dragging their feet, it will go to the wire, I have no doubt.

The annoying thing is that I have told them that a fellow forum member (LesBrechin) has offered to have the money deposited in his bank account, which would be the easiest option, but on my JG account, the page where you add bank details has been removed and replaced with a message "We are still checking your documents". I have asked them to override it, as now it seems the obvious thing to do would be to let Les add his bank account, but they have ignored my suggestion four times now.

So I havent run off with the money, nor am I swanning it off on a beach in the Maldives. I am trying my utmost to get this all sorted so I/we can push on with presenting Ollie with a cheque. Just be aware though that as it stands the total raised is £7020, BUT when the appeal is closed, JustGiving then have to remove their fees, which could be between £300 and £400!!!!!!!!

And dont even get me started on GTFC. Do you know how difficult it is to get anyone to answer a question there? My last contact with anyone was 2 emails I sent over 2 weeks ago, for which I am still awaiting an answer. I even took the bull firmly by the bullox today and went down to Cheapside to see if I could speak with Ollie, but they are not training today or tomorrow, but will be there on Sunday and Monday, so I may saunter on down there again. It almost feels like nobody can be bothered, and arent interested. They have had their few days of free press coverage, but now dont give a monkeys chuff.

So thats where I am at at the moment. Tearing what little hair I have out, and getting more and more peed off with the whole thing.

All I can do is apologise to everyone. I havent forgotten, and I am trying my darnedest to get this over the line but if the blame is to be laid anywhere, it is with JustGiving for making it all but impossible to get anything righted.

The problem is that they say that if the 60 days are exceeded, they refund all the money.

Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
November 27, 2020, 2:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Just admit you've spent it all mate.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
friskneymariner
November 27, 2020, 2:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Philip Green could do with a wedge right now.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Grantham_Mariner
November 27, 2020, 3:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Speak to Martin Lewis, Rip Off Britain, Or that bloke on the BBC (Matt somebody).

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 27, 2020, 4:02pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

LOL

If I had spent it, I could have made up a much easier story.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
FishOutOfWater
November 27, 2020, 4:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Speak to Martin Lewis, Rip Off Britain, Or that bloke on the BBC (Matt somebody).

Matt Dean on Radio Humberside is a good shout

He's quite tenacious when he gets the bit between his teeth so could do worse than involve RH
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 18
grimsby pete
November 27, 2020, 4:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Matt Dean on Radio Humberside is a good shout

He's quite tenacious when he gets the bit between his teeth so could do worse than involve RH

That's a good idea then you could get John Tondeur to present the cheque to Ollie  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
thefish
November 27, 2020, 5:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from psgmariner

...In Message In A Bottle!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
louth_in_the_south
November 27, 2020, 6:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,551
Gold Stars: 94
I’ve just checked your IP address and it’s come back Venezuela?!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 27, 2020, 6:36pm

Brandy Drinker
Oh the irony! After all this time.................

Within 20 minutes of posting this thread, I got an email from JustGiving saying they have finally added my bank details.....along with a message "Sorry for any inconvenience" . The bunch of barstewards!

I am hopefully meeting up with Ollie on Sunday so fingers crossed I can find out how he wants to go about receiving the money.

To those who suggested contacting Matt Dean, I have kept him in the mix from the start, and just this minute he has just said that if I cant get to speak with Ollie, then let him know and he will have a word with Ollie on my behalf.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who's bright idea was it to set up a fundraiser?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.