toontown
November 25, 2020, 11:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I was very surprised that the Cowleys went to Lincoln before we played FGR in the final. If we lost that game I think Hurst was gone and they would have been my preference.

With 4 successive play-off campaigns and a long-serving manager, on paper we would have been the better choice.

Yeah I think if we had lost to  Braintree and they had lost in the final it is possible we would have gone for cowley too. No way would we have held on to them as long as Lincoln did tho. Look what happened when  Hurst won promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 25, 2020, 12:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from toontown

Yeah I think if we had lost to  Braintree and they had lost in the final it is possible we would have gone for cowley too. No way would we have held on to them as long as Lincoln did tho. Look what happened when  Hurst won promotion.

Right place right time for the Cowleys as Lincoln had new Directors and investment which coincided with their appointment and they were allowed to rule the roost which from what I hear nearly brought about their downfall prior to their Huddersfield move.

In reality under JF they would not have been allowed to spend £4K a week on the likes of Frecklington, Bostwick and one or two others. That said they may still have been a success as whether or not we like their approach to the game they can’t half organise a team and deliver results. Best chance for them to get higher up to the Championship since 82/83, ruined by Gilbert Blades infamous players meeting at the Grand Hotel, and despite living here for over 40 years not sure my ears could stand the gloating of the Chimps fans should that happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
toontown
November 25, 2020, 3:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Right place right time for the Cowleys as Lincoln had new Directors and investment which coincided with their appointment and they were allowed to rule the roost which from what I hear nearly brought about their downfall prior to their Huddersfield move.

In reality under JF they would not have been allowed to spend £4K a week on the likes of Frecklington, Bostwick and one or two others. That said they may still have been a success as whether or not we like their approach to the game they can’t half organise a team and deliver results. Best chance for them to get higher up to the Championship since 82/83, ruined by Gilbert Blades infamous players meeting at the Grand Hotel, and despite living here for over 40 years not sure my ears could stand the gloating of the Chimps fans should that happen.

I'm sure they would have been a success at conference level they clearly knew what they were doing, even with part time Braintree. With a rolling 6 month contract they would never have stuck around once we were back in the league tho, would have been poached quicker than Hurst was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
jamesgtfc
November 25, 2020, 3:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

To be fair though, the players on £4k per week didn't come until they earned the thick end of £2m getting to an FA Cup Quarter Final.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 25, 2020, 4:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
[quote=1655]

To be fair though, the players on £4k per week didn't come until they earned the thick end of £2m getting to an FA Cup Quarter Final.[

But that was when they were still in non- league so the likes of Bostwick joined at the start of their L2 return
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
Lincs Iron man
December 9, 2020, 5:29pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -577
Cowley's??

That's hilarious 😂

When he was at the gimps you lot used to rip the urine out of them and their style.

I have never heard of a bunch of fans so fickle has you fishy folk.

Why would the Cowley's want to go to Grimsby anywa?
An awful little town with a chavvy seaside resort, awful owners and supporters that turn on them with a few bad results
Also the Cowley's are massive lovers of Lincoln

Anyhow, their style surely doesn't suit the Grimsby way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
mariner91
December 9, 2020, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Lincs Iron man
Cowley's??

That's hilarious 😂

When he was at the gimps you lot used to rip the urine out of them and their style.

I have never heard of a bunch of fans so fickle has you fishy folk.

Why would the Cowley's want to go to Grimsby anywa?
An awful little town with a chavvy seaside resort, awful owners and supporters that turn on them with a few bad results
Also the Cowley's are massive lovers of Lincoln

Anyhow, their style surely doesn't suit the Grimsby way

[img]https://pics.me.me/thumb_youre-not-a-bad-person-but-im-afraid-to-say-62106915.png[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ego

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.