Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 145 Guests

Team?

This thread currently has 2,051 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 27, 2020, 8:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,176
Gold Stars: 233
I see a settled defensive unit but it seems to me like the midfield and attack gets drawn out of a hat an hour before kick off. We are so disjointed, it’s scary.
Private Message
pen penfras
October 27, 2020, 9:01pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I see a settled defensive unit but it seems to me like the midfield and attack gets drawn out of a hat an hour before kick off. We are so disjointed, it’s scary.

Injuries haven't helped. If Rose, Clifton and Edwards were fit, they'd be the first names on the team sheet based on performances so far. They've been a big loss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Hagrid
October 27, 2020, 9:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,314
Gold Stars: 526
I feel for the back 4. As i think generally they are solid and dependable. But our dire lack of creativity is putting so much pressure on them as a defensive unit that 1 mistake is costing us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Northbank Mariner
October 27, 2020, 9:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,431
Gold Stars: 171
Think the back line of Hendrie Waterfall, Pollock look strong, think we could do with Hewitt back, put Hendrie out left and Hewitt down the right, get Max and he can over lap with Hewitt and Preston overlapping with Hendrie... Midfield, I like Wright, Rose, Williams and Clifton...it's up front that worries me ....Hanson looks like he's gone I'm afraid, but then again if we can deliveries into the box he can do a job and maybe pair Windsor with him to the running around...that's my best 11 out of what we have at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
MuddyWaters
October 27, 2020, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,176
Gold Stars: 233
I accept that injuries haven’t helped but the signings of Scannell, Bennett and, to an extent, Williams and Rose, look questionable as none of them were anywhere near fit.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Hagrid
October 27, 2020, 9:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,314
Gold Stars: 526
I said at the start of tonights match thread i wonder if we’ll see Mohsni, just chuck the bloke up front
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Mikey_345
October 27, 2020, 9:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,307
Gold Stars: 99
We have a solid base. Really thing the rest will come.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
October 27, 2020, 9:19pm
Guest User
Jack Wilshire is looking for a team. Why not ask him?
Reply: 7 - 14
Madeleymariner
October 27, 2020, 9:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Thats just it, why isn't Mosni fit, or is he, and Ollie has just realised he signed a player who is not good enough. What has Scannell actually done to get wrong side of Ollie? Why do our players injuries always seem to put players out for months at a time? I guess I'm just getting really frustrated now at the complete disorganisation at this club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Northbank Mariner
October 27, 2020, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,431
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 140348

With his injury record, you're having a laugh....then again, he'd fit in perfectly with our current bunch tbf!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
HertsGTFC
October 27, 2020, 9:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,886
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from 140348

Because he’d p1ss himself laughing

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
moosey_club
October 27, 2020, 9:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,180
Gold Stars: 224
Does seem odd that Mohsni has made the bench plenty of times so have to presume he is close to being fit but only come on the once (?) and didnt look that interested/fit then , still keeps getting on the bench but not used....is Ollie having him there for centre half cover only , given he bigged up the fact he could do a job in various positions i would have thought someone of his reported calibre would have earnt a spot .....if he is fit.
Or is he going to be a modern day Glen Downey...always in the squad and virtually never played......until one day gets a chance, scores and later earns a living as a pimp.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
Gaffer58
October 27, 2020, 9:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,084
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Because he’d p1ss himself laughing

That would make him pull another muscle, then he’d be out for another few weeks,which is quite normal for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
forza ivano
October 27, 2020, 9:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,127
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Think the back line of Hendrie Waterfall, Pollock look strong, think we could do with Hewitt back, put Hendrie out left and Hewitt down the right, get Max and he can over lap with Hewitt and Preston overlapping with Hendrie... Midfield, I like Wright, Rose, Williams and Clifton...it's up front that worries me ....Hanson looks like he's gone I'm afraid, but then again if we can deliveries into the box he can do a job and maybe pair Windsor with him to the running around...that's my best 11 out of what we have at the moment

That's the problem though isn't it? A) quite a few first choices are injured and B) with the frequency of games you can't play the same team for very long before they are either knackered or injured
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 27, 2020, 10:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,599
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from forza ivano

That's the problem though isn't it? A) quite a few first choices are injured and B) with the frequency of games you can't play the same team for very long before they are either knackered or injured

Don’t disagree with A but have to question why we have so many players who are knackered? Appreciate Rose is doing a lot of travelling but surely this fixture was like a home game for him but he’s only on the bench after not playing on Saturday. We are playing Williams former club and he’s not involved so we lose that extra input you get from players who want to show their old club was wrong to let them go. Scannell’s absence a mystery and Bennett not ready to give us even twenty minutes by the look of it.

Really puzzled by Ollie’s selections which are Bignot- esque at times. May be just me but every interview he does not appear like the Ollie of last season and comes over as a very frustrated guy who is having to turn out a side against his better judgement as he does not agree to the league being played behind closed doors. He has my sympathy and support in this but I would like the old positive Ollie back which oozed confidence in his players, the fans and the club.

It’s so difficult to get a real interest in this season as a supporter so accept its hard for all those directly involved but currently our forward players in both midfield and up front look short of the quality required and probably expected after Ollie’s statements last season of players desperate to come and play for him again.

It’s a long season and I genuinely believe we will improve in the coming weeks but with the Chimps winning yet again tonight I need a few wins quickly to throw back at those giving me stick over their new messiah Mr Appleton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.