Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Training Ground anyone?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 207 Guests

New Training Ground anyone?

This thread currently has 3,623 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 1, 2020, 8:17pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/lucarlys-once-owned-grimsby-lottery-4565247

How good would that be for GTFC as a new training facility?

The field is big enough for 3 football pitches (as seen on Google Earth)

The clubhouse could be used either in cahoots with McMenemy's, or instead of

Changing facilities

Plenty of parking

The building could be open 7 days a week garnering income from all the usual live bands and quizzes, wedding receptions etc etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
blundellpork
October 1, 2020, 8:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,645
Gold Stars: 31
Admittedly it’s c 20 years, but when I played on there in my teens the ground was always completely bone dry and rock solid. No idea whether it has changed since.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Poojah
October 1, 2020, 8:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from blundellpork
Admittedly it’s c 20 years, but when I played on there in my teens the ground was always completely bone dry and rock solid. No idea whether it has changed since.

I have similar memories, but in retrospect I think it probably had less to do with the phenomenon of Lucarlys' sub-saharan micro-climate and more to do with a simple lack of groundskeeping. We'd just have to water it a bit.

On a serious note, I think it's quite a good shout actually, save for the fact that every bean at our disposal right now will be going into the day-to-day running of the club rather than infrastructure. Even though you've got the building and pitches there, I'd imagine it would take a good £100k - £200k to properly convert it, wouldn't it?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
moosey_club
October 1, 2020, 9:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
The managers are only leaving....should imagine it will be under new  management before you know it

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 1, 2020, 9:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Poojah

I have similar memories, but in retrospect I think it probably had less to do with the phenomenon of Lucarlys' sub-saharan micro-climate and more to do with a simple lack of groundskeeping. We'd just have to water it a bit.

On a serious note, I think it's quite a good shout actually, save for the fact that every bean at our disposal right now will be going into the day-to-day running of the club rather than infrastructure. Even though you've got the building and pitches there, I'd imagine it would take a good £100k - £200k to properly convert it, wouldn't it?

Quite possibly but remember that we own the land at Cheapside. Prime land for building houses. Either sell the land as is, or build some luxury houses and sell for big money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
lew chaterleys lover
October 1, 2020, 9:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231

Quite possibly but remember that we own the land at Cheapside. Prime land for building houses. Either sell the land as is, or build some luxury houses and sell for big money.

Is that right we own the land?

If houses are in the planning rules for that site we are sitting on a goldmine then surely? We could sell up and and pay Fenty off with cash to spare.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
mimma
October 1, 2020, 10:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
How much would it cost to buy?

A few million quid at least, and then we might have to spend more to make it suitable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
Heisenberg
October 1, 2020, 10:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,806
Gold Stars: 89
I’ve always said it, Cheapside makes Bradley look like the San Siro. Town should train at Bradley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Poojah
October 1, 2020, 10:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from Heisenberg
I’ve always said it, Cheapside makes Bradley look like the San Siro. Town should train at Bradley.

Bit harsh on Bradley. The San Siro’s a dump.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Heisenberg
October 1, 2020, 10:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,806
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Poojah

Bit harsh on Bradley. The San Siro’s a dump.

Hence ripping it down. Fair enough. I still think it looks amazing. Or more to the point, that Cheapside looks appalling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Training Ground anyone?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.