HertsGTFC
September 30, 2020, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Heisenberg

You know what he means. Whilst the terrace isn’t there, it really wouldn’t hurt if there were a couple of hundred fans stood on the flat corners. But it won’t happen.

As for Vickers, I saw him at either the Scunny or Exeter game, not sure. Spoke to him too. Putting politics aside, nice guy.

Scunny away?

Though he’s the wrong political colour for me at least he’s raising the question which is something the “member” for Great Grimsby has neglected to do.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Croxton
October 1, 2020, 9:29am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Heisenberg

You know what he means. Whilst the terrace isn’t there, it really wouldn’t hurt if there were a couple of hundred fans stood on the flat corners. But it won’t happen.

As for Vickers, I saw him at either the Scunny or Exeter game, not sure. Spoke to him too. Putting politics aside, nice guy.

You are correct. A little hasty on my part. It just seemed a rather peripheral question when everyone else was stressing the urgency of acting on the successful pilots and allowing some fans in to help clubs survive. I don't doubt he's a loyal supporter and I think he was traduced unnecessarily in Findlater's article which hit the mark generally but was over personal in describing Vickers as inane.
I have never lived in N.E.Lincs so I can't comment on his effectiveness as an MP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
Les Brechin
October 1, 2020, 11:35am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Croxton

You are correct. A little hasty on my part. It just seemed a rather peripheral question when everyone else was stressing the urgency of acting on the successful pilots and allowing some fans in to help clubs survive. I don't doubt he's a loyal supporter and I think he was traduced unnecessarily in Findlater's article which hit the mark generally but was over personal in describing Vickers as inane.
I have never lived in N.E.Lincs so I can't comment on his effectiveness as an MP.

Martin is a nice enough chap and very approachable. I used to work with him donkeys years ago, before he took up his career in politics and I actually inherited the job he did when he left here to set up his own business. (A newsagents/card shop down Freeman Street)

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
Heisenberg
October 1, 2020, 11:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,816
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Scunny away?

Though he’s the wrong political colour for me at least he’s raising the question which is something the “member” for Great Grimsby has neglected to do.

Home.  But I think it was Exeter, now I think about it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
ginnywings
October 2, 2020, 8:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Just been confirmed that the National League will be starting on Saturday after they got a 10 million pounds loan, secured over 3 months. Good news.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
HertsGTFC
October 2, 2020, 8:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Good news, though I always wanted us back in the EFL there’s some great clubs in semi pro and lots who worked hard to make us welcome when we visited.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
Heisenberg
October 2, 2020, 8:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,816
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ginnywings
Just been confirmed that the National League will be starting on Saturday after they got a 10 million pounds loan, secured over 3 months. Good news.

I disagree. It puts us in a perilous position. Where’s the money for the EFL?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
ginnywings
October 2, 2020, 9:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Heisenberg

I disagree. It puts us in a perilous position. Where’s the money for the EFL?

Well, it's good news for the National League. We are not their problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
jamesgtfc
October 2, 2020, 11:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from ginnywings

Well, it's good news for the National League. We are not their problem.

The National League deal keeps our pyramid intact. If they hadn't started we could have ended up with a closed shop like Scotland. Government and the Premier League are obviously disagreeing about who bails league clubs out. Realistically, I suspect they will both contribute to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
GrimRob
October 3, 2020, 7:43am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The National League deal keeps our pyramid intact. If they hadn't started we could have ended up with a closed shop like Scotland. Government and the Premier League are obviously disagreeing about who bails league clubs out. Realistically, I suspect they will both contribute to it.

Scotland isn't a closed shop. They have the Highland and Lowland league feeding into the league via a playoff.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.