MuddyWaters
September 24, 2020, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Rick12
Its not nonsense though. I agree with you in that children are pure and racist behaviour to some degree or another is learnt via social conditioning as we grow up.

Yes I have seen that. But that doesnt constitute  a out and out racist. Hence Iam sure Boris doesnt think all black people are lazy, criminals and hates every single one etc etc.

Noone is whiter than white.

The watermelon, piccaninny and letter box quotes are vile and overtly racist. It’s actually the language of a white supremacist.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 83
Rick12
September 24, 2020, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The watermelon, piccaninny and letter box quotes are vile and overtly racist. It’s actually the language of a white supremacist.
We all have the power to change though. I know Boris has apologised for these remarks though.

Hence look at anyones psyche though and Iam sure we can get dig out dirt in all of us. I remember when I was working with some people. They "hated racists" but yet turned around and bullied someone mercilessly  to their face as they were of a weak persona and having challenges at home . Hence double standards.It stopped though because a few of us  stood up for this person . Hence had people not stood up for racial prejudice in the past Iam sure these same people who "hated" racists would have victimised black people. Or disabled friends of mine who were  in wheelchairs got  picked on and mocked and where Ive had to step in for them as they were getting harassed .

Hence reminds me a bit of the law of the jungle. You get hyenas that sense weakness in some and attack them .Unless the majority dont stand for good the weak just get picked on and victimised and lives are made a misery.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 83
Stadium
September 24, 2020, 9:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Rick12
We all have the power to change though. I know Boris has apologised for these remarks though.

Hence look at anyones psyche though and Iam sure we can get dig out dirt in all of us. I remember when I was working with some people. They "hated racists" but yet turned around and bullied someone mercilessly  to their face as they were of a weak persona and having challenges at home . Hence double standards.It stopped though because a few of us  stood up for this person . Hence had people not stood up for racial prejudice in the past Iam sure these same people who "hated" racists would have victimised black people. Or disabled friends of mine who were  in wheelchairs got  picked on and mocked and where Ive had to step in for them as they were getting harassed .

Hence reminds me a bit of the law of the jungle. You get hyenas that sense weakness in some and attack them .Unless the majority dont stand for good the weak just get picked on and victimised and lives are made a misery.

Did he really??
Must have missed that.

https://www.independent.co.uk/.....olumns-a9214561.html

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 83
Rick12
September 24, 2020, 9:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Did he really??
Must have missed that.

https://www.independent.co.uk/.....olumns-a9214561.html
Fair enough Stadium.Sad to see that and I hope he had changed. I was only referring to this though below:

https://www.theguardian.com/po.....to-letterboxes-video

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 83
codcheeky
September 26, 2020, 12:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12
I think calling Boris a racist by some on here is a bit strong. Yes he said things which were a bit below the belt in the past but I dont think that makes him a out and out racist.

As noted I think very few people in this world are out and out racists but granted some have more racism  than others.

Put it in perspective for one. Phycological research has shown a large percentage of people have some hidden racial bias in them.

Having said that I think the capacity for change for the better (and which is the stronger force) is within all of us .Not just with racism but other things like bullying etc. We just need to want to try to choose the right path.

Boris is a racist, his comments and past articles leave little doubt about that, worse he uses these racist snippets as a calculated dog whistle to the many racists in this country, he is not stupid he would not apologise because he knew apology was not what the members of his party electing a new leader wanted to hear
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 83
Rick12
September 26, 2020, 3:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

Boris is a racist, his comments and past articles leave little doubt about that, worse he uses these racist snippets as a calculated dog whistle to the many racists in this country, he is not stupid he would not apologise because he knew apology was not what the members of his party electing a new leader wanted to hear
I think its a shame Boris has not  kept up with the times and has held some antiquated racial undertones in his language. Hence Churchill and Gandhi expressed racial views as well but done a lot of good as well albeit in there time there was a lot  more racism which is why it wasn't the issue it is today. Hence society has moved on for the better.

But lets not forget the left are not completely innocent either with regards to certain groups .Remember the issues Labour had with anti Semitism in the party?.

To be fair to keir Starmer he has tackled antisemitism  effectively it seems eg :

Keir Starmer, apologised to the Jewish community for anti-Semitism in the party's ranks and promised to "tear out this poison by its roots" in his acceptance speech.

In a video conference with Jewish leaders, the new Labour leader and his deputy, Angela Rayner, said they would set up an independent complaints procedure and review all outstanding cases.

This was welcomed by Jewish leaders, who said in a joint statement that Sir Keir had "achieved more in four days" than Mr Corbyn did "in four years".

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 83
codcheeky
September 26, 2020, 5:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I think its a shame Boris has not  kept up with the times and has held some antiquated racial undertones in his language. Hence Churchill and Gandhi expressed racial views as well but done a lot of good as well albeit in there time there was a lot  more racism which is why it wasn't the issue it is today. Hence society has moved on for the better.

But lets not forget the left are not completely innocent either with regards to certain groups .Remember the issues Labour had with anti Semitism in the party?.

To be fair to keir Starmer he has tackled antisemitism  effectively it seems eg :

Keir Starmer, apologised to the Jewish community for anti-Semitism in the party's ranks and promised to "tear out this poison by its roots" in his acceptance speech.

In a video conference with Jewish leaders, the new Labour leader and his deputy, Angela Rayner, said they would set up an independent complaints procedure and review all outstanding cases.

This was welcomed by Jewish leaders, who said in a joint statement that Sir Keir had "achieved more in four days" than Mr Corbyn did "in four years".

If you believe Corbyn is or was anti Semitic you have had the wool pulled well and truly over your eyes.  That a concerted campaign looking back years and years could find nothing more than a liked tweet about bankers shows how desperate the campaign was.
I do not disagree that many traditional voters are quite racist, immigration was and is a big issue, I have been canvassing and the amount of people in some traditional labour areas who say “I don’t mind if you put me down as a racist” was surprising.
Johnson has played to these people just as Trump did in the US.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 83
Rick12
September 26, 2020, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

If you believe Corbyn is or was anti Semitic you have had the wool pulled well and truly over your eyes.  That a concerted campaign looking back years and years could find nothing more than a liked tweet about bankers shows how desperate the campaign was.
I do not disagree that many traditional voters are quite racist, immigration was and is a big issue, I have been canvassing and the amount of people in some traditional labour areas who say “I don’t mind if you put me down as a racist” was surprising.
Johnson has played to these people just as Trump did in the US.
I have never believed Corbyn to be anti Semitic but I do think there has been issues with the labour party with this issue.

As noted I have always voted for the green party but can see good and bad issues with labour and conservative policy's. Hence no party is going to get it right all the time.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 83
codcheeky
September 26, 2020, 6:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I have never believed Corbyn to be anti Semitic but I do think there has been issues with the labour party with this issue.

As noted I have always voted for the green party but can see good and bad issues with labour and conservative policy's. Hence no party is going to get it right all the time.

The issue was many Corbyns supporters were sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians, kicked out of their country to form Israel, and to the state of those in the occupied territories of the Goan heights the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, a massive funding and disinformation campaign with many even within the Labour Party taking large sums and organising against their own leader. It remains to be seen were Starmer sits on this, he’s not big on policy at the moment, It’s 4 more years before it will make any difference anyway, it’s much easier to watch the shitshow and let the Tories self harm.
Like you I am naturally in the Greens, Corbyn adopted a lot of our ideas for a new green economy and a more equal country, I believe we missed a chance to change the country, those in power will never let it get as close as 2017 again.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 83
MuddyWaters
September 26, 2020, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Often, it takes a crisis for a leader’s credentials to either rise or be exposed. Nothing that’s happened in the past six months has enhanced BoJos reputation.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.