3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Morris Minor
September 22, 2020, 3:33pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Brigg_Mariner states quite a few of the IPTV dodgy servers have been blocked by ISP's this weekend as well so that should push more people to paying their £10.

Blocked? Really, don't think they can as most of the 'good' IPTV servers are protected anyway.
But good look with that if it's true. May put a few more quid into the club for the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
ginnywings
September 22, 2020, 4:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
The club may well have no control of the output, but they need to get onto iFollow, as do all clubs and say that as things stand, they need to up their game, as potential vital earnings are being lost. I'm assuming the clubs can opt in or out of iFollow, so they have a bargaining chip to twist their arms.

Apart from this season, where streaming is going to be vital to the clubs finances, it's clear that streaming is going to be a growing area in the future, even when/if things get back to normal.

As it stands it's clearly not worth a tenner for what you get compared to other services out there. It's unique in that it serves a small market of fans only interested in each individual club, and they are prepared to pay for a match pass because of that reason, so will put up with it not being super HD, with multiple camera angles and "expert" analysis. However, it needs to be simple to understand, simple to log on and the stream needs to be stable. There are a few clubs down the pyramid who are doing this themselves and doing a far better job of it than iFollow.

As the film says, "If you build it, they will come"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Stadium
September 22, 2020, 4:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from brigg_mariner
Quite a few of the IPTV dodgy servers have been blocked by ISP's this weekend as well so that should push more people to paying their £10's.

The PL blocking order was renewed in the high court for the upcoming season.
Most IPTV suppliers advise the use of VPN's which nullifies the ISP providers action.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
toontown
September 22, 2020, 6:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't think the club have much control or even any over IFollow.

I'm not on about the service I follow provide I was talking about the instructions on the gtfc website, and the links on the gtfc website.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Heisenberg
September 22, 2020, 7:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,963
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from toontown

I'm not on about the service I follow provide I was talking about the instructions on the gtfc website, and the links on the gtfc website.

Yeah, they do leave a lot to be desired.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
GrimRob
September 22, 2020, 8:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
For years the clubs have had an incentive to make their Ifollow coverage adequate but not too good. That's because they feared not unreasonably that some fans would stay away if it were too good. Now they have the opposite problem and it will take a while for the tech to catch up to what it needs to be. Longer term they have a real problem if the quality does improve will they be able to entice people back to the ground? I am sure we all know people who "support" fashionable teams and know every player and watch every interview but would never dream of going. The sport is at a massive crossroads for sure.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 26
arryarryarry
September 22, 2020, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from toontown

"And on top of the issues mentioned was the wrong instructions, broken links and very poorly designed website."

Everytime I have used the service I haven't had a problem choosing the game or watching it via a PC linked by an hdmi cable to a 32" TV.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester chairman statement re ifollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.