fishboyUTM
August 3, 2020, 1:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from jimgtfc
The same Gnanduillet that scored 15 goals in league one last season? Not a chance of us competing for his signature.

Sadly agree. Also, I expect he'll want some kind of wage which probably rules us out too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
Mighty_Mariner
August 3, 2020, 2:33pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
It's interesting to se how he's developed as he didn't look to have all that much promise during his loam spell with us a few years back.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
Poojah
August 3, 2020, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
It's interesting to se how he's developed as he didn't look to have all that much promise during his loam spell with us a few years back.

Gnanduillet has never played for Town. Are you thinking of Oumare Tounkara by any chance?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
August 3, 2020, 4:01pm
Guest User
It would be nice to hear something positive soon.
Reply: 13 - 23
Gaffer58
August 3, 2020, 4:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Sky sports news just had scunny signing up 4/5 players, obviously Mr Swann had asked his missis fo4 some extra pocket money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
August 3, 2020, 4:10pm
Guest User
Is Swann the new manager? He may as well be.
Reply: 15 - 23
mimma
August 3, 2020, 4:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Typical Swann, rs about face. Buy the team and then get a manager to manage it. Who the hell would want the job under those terms?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Poojah
August 3, 2020, 4:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Gaffer58
Sky sports news just had scunny signing up 4/5 players, obviously Mr Swann had asked his missis fo4 some extra pocket money.

All young and relatively unestablished in English league football. Not a criticism, but expect to see a lot more business like this in League Two.

Someone suggested that playing the long game could be the way to go here and there may be something in that. If clubs are filling up on youngsters, more senior players are going to have to face either accepting a far lower offer than they would have done under normal circumstances or risk having to leave the game.

For clarity, I'm posting this as a statement of a potential truth, not suggesting it's a 'good thing'. Like anyone else who has had their livelihood turned upside down by this pandemic, I feel for lower / non-league footballers at this time.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
forza ivano
August 3, 2020, 5:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Poojah

All young and relatively established in English league football. Not a criticism, but expect to see a lot more business like this in League Two.

Someone suggested that playing the long game could be the way to go here and there may be something in that. If clubs are filling up on youngsters, more senior players are going to have to face either accepting a far lower offer than they would have done under normal circumstances or risk having to leave the game.

For clarity, I'm posting this as a statement of a potential truth, not suggesting it's a 'good thing'. Like anyone else who has had their livelihood turned upside down by this pandemic, I feel for lower / non-league footballers at this time.

Are we looking at the same signings Poojah? they're all signings from non league  or Scottish lower league.If I were a Scunt I wouldn't be getting very excited by any of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
IlkleyMariner
August 3, 2020, 5:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from forza ivano

Are we looking at the same signings Poojah? they're all signings from non league  or Scottish lower league.If I were a Scunt I wouldn't be getting very excited by any of them

When you are a Scunny fan there is never much to get excited about. This batch of signings is probably as good as it gets.

Do you really believe Mr Swann knows as much about players at level 4 in England as our Ollie?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie has ‘lots of irons in the fire’

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.