Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Adidas shirt on eBay.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 242 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 1.

Adidas shirt on eBay.

This thread currently has 3,930 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Tinymariner
June 30, 2020, 6:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I have spoken to the club and they are happy for me to sell the replica 1981/2 Adidas/Findus shirt. I will be donating all profits from the sale to the club.
I have bought the last remaining stock of shirts which should be arriving in a week or two from Australia and no more are being made. I will have 3 medium and 3 XXL shirts available.
I already have one for sale on eBay with a low starting bid.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/198.....32-8add-843e00063fae

Regards

Tiny.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
June 30, 2020, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Apologies if I’ve missed a thread, but what’s the craic with these? Are these originals or a recently manufactured retro remake?

I assume the latter looking at the condition of the shirt, but usually ones like that tend to omit the manufacturer logo. Either way I’d love one of these.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 30, 2020, 7:22pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Poojah
Apologies if I’ve missed a thread, but what’s the craic with these? Are these originals or a recently manufactured retro remake?

I assume the latter looking at the condition of the shirt, but usually ones like that tend to omit the manufacturer logo. Either way I’d love one of these.

It says in the listing that it is a replica.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
mirrorballman
June 30, 2020, 11:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Poojah

They were made by Grim Up North Retro. They are based in Australia and have a site here
https://www.gunretro.com/

They've done quite a few shirts and are unofficial, not associated with the actual clubs. Fans seem to like them but they upset Sheffield Wednesday at one point and somebody also reported them to the trading standards when they did the Town shirt. As a result, the shirts were initially removed from the site and then added back with a Pro Evolution Soccer type name of NE Lincs Stripes or similar.

The trust had their knickers in a twist over the remake and let their displeasure known on Twitter at the time. Funny that they/GTFC will now benefit from the sale of the shirt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
pen penfras
July 1, 2020, 10:45am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from mirrorballman

They were made by Grim Up North Retro. They are based in Australia and have a site here
https://www.gunretro.com/

They've done quite a few shirts and are unofficial, not associated with the actual clubs. Fans seem to like them but they upset Sheffield Wednesday at one point and somebody also reported them to the trading standards when they did the Town shirt. As a result, the shirts were initially removed from the site and then added back with a Pro Evolution Soccer type name of NE Lincs Stripes or similar.

The trust had their knickers in a twist over the remake and let their displeasure known on Twitter at the time. Funny that they/GTFC will now benefit from the sale of the shirt.

As it should be. If it was done that way in the first place, then there wouldn't have been an issue...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
GollyGTFC
July 1, 2020, 11:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from pen penfras

As it should be. If it was done that way in the first place, then there wouldn't have been an issue...

It's not a shirt that could be reproduced though is it? Old Adidas logo and three stripes down the sleeves. And the club would have charged £50 a pop rather than the £14.99 that the Aussie chap was selling them for. I bought 2 and including shipping from Australia they worked out less than £25 each.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 12
cardiffmariner
July 1, 2020, 11:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,293
Gold Stars: 23
How do these come up size wise? I’m usually L/XL at 6’ 4’’. Are the xxl going to swamp me? Interested in bidding so keen to know. Cheers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
GollyGTFC
July 1, 2020, 12:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from cardiffmariner
How do these come up size wise? I’m usually L/XL at 6’ 4’’. Are the xxl going to swamp me? Interested in bidding so keen to know. Cheers.

They are more generous than Errea replica shirts.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 12
Theimperialcoroner
July 1, 2020, 1:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,087
Gold Stars: 93
I’ve got one and it’s bloody good. The originals are like rocking horse excrement so it’s the best I could do. Think mines an xl and I’m a right fat illegitimate.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
cardiffmariner
July 1, 2020, 1:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,293
Gold Stars: 23
Thanks guys. Think an xxl might be like a tent on me unfortunately 😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Adidas shirt on eBay.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.