2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 4, 2020, 3:52pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 113
Interesting to see Akheem Rose has released a showreel of his 'talents' on Twitter. Does he know something we dont know? Why would someone do that? Might he already have been told he will be released?

Considering he is out of contract in June, and has been one of the least played players since Ollies arrival, Im guessing he has either resigned himself or been told he is to leave GTFC.

Whats your take?
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
April 4, 2020, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,132
Gold Stars: 220
Possibly just being pro active in case he doesnt get anything whenever we restart or whenever the club are allowed to begin contract talks.
Can't imagine there being too much first team action on his showreel, 1 or 2 ? goals... must be more youth team from Cheapside i would have thought.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
livosnose
April 4, 2020, 6:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,143
Gold Stars: 15
He’s bored

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 4, 2020, 10:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 113
[url]https://twitter.com/ahkeemrose14/status/1246369927436566528?s=01[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
arryarryarry
April 4, 2020, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,927
Gold Stars: 112
Interesting to see Akheem Rose has released a showreel of his 'talents' on Twitter. Does he know something we dont know? Why would someone do that? Might he already have been told he will be released?

Considering he is out of contract in June, and has been one of the least played players since Ollies arrival, Im guessing he has either resigned himself or been told he is to leave GTFC.

Whats your take?

He didn't play much because he was injured wasn't he?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2020, 7:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
I think his agent is covering all bases, us he’s a young player could we ask a fee even though he’s out of contract?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
fishboyUTM
April 5, 2020, 8:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I think his agent is covering all bases, us he’s a young player could we ask a fee even though he’s out of contract?

Only if we offered him a contract at least equal to his current deal. He is very raw, appears to have constant issues with his hamstring, a questionable first touch, inability to head the ball and poor awareness, even for a lad of his age and experience. He did have blistering pace, which I think he has kept in the box as he's maybe scared of his own hamstrings? I was wrong about Jack Lester when he came throgh the youth team, I could well be wrong about Rose, but I just don't see the ingredients to make it at this level. But he seems hungry to succeed and I wish him well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 6, 2020, 7:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,891
Gold Stars: 280
Shocking choice of backing music as well.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
HertsGTFC
April 6, 2020, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Only if we offered him a contract at least equal to his current deal. He is very raw, appears to have constant issues with his hamstring, a questionable first touch, inability to head the ball and poor awareness, even for a lad of his age and experience. He did have blistering pace, which I think he has kept in the box as he's maybe scared of his own hamstrings? I was wrong about Jack Lester when he came throgh the youth team, I could well be wrong about Rose, but I just don't see the ingredients to make it at this level. But he seems hungry to succeed and I wish him well.

Thank you, completely agree with your view on Rose. I'd also add that he didn't use his biggest asset well enough. Plenty of occasions when he's been 1 on 1 with defenders and could have just knocked the ball past them and turned on the pace but just chose to dribble it and lost possession.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Maringer
April 6, 2020, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -11
Approval: +16,071
Gold Stars: 175
There's obviously some untapped potential there but it's not exactly been the most ideal situation for him. He wasn't able to play competitive games for ages whilst we were trying to arrange the work permit and we've been in the crapper, scrapping to avoid relegation since then. In an ideal world, he'd have been sent out on loan for a season or two like Clifton was to try and develop him.

That said, the injury problems are the biggest issue. If you aren't fit enough to be able to start most games in a season because of recurring injury, you're not going to develop. We're only getting a certain number of games out of Hanson but you know what he can do and he doesn't need to prove himself because of it.

I'd be surprised if we retained Rose, truth be told. Hopefully, he'll do OK elsewhere. If he can find himself a Conference club, that might be the best way for him to develop his career.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Akheem Rose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.