Belgium Premier League

This thread currently has 1,674 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Chazzer
April 2, 2020, 4:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +90
The Belgian Premier League have declared season over and awarded Club Bruges as winners. They are 15 points ahead of second place. Wonder if our lot will follow suit?

Smile and give your face a holiday - Jerry Cronin
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
April 2, 2020, 6:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I guess the financial impact will force the decision in the UK...particularly in England. Very much a different prospect in the Belgian league to the English leagues.

Cellino, as bonkers as is has said that Brescia would rather forfeit the season than play any further games...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
GrimRob
April 2, 2020, 11:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
There was only one game left in the regular season though before the championship round?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 5
GollyGTFC
April 3, 2020, 7:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
I read somewhere that Sky, BT and all foreign broadcasters have already paid up in full for 2019/20 season. The PL are not going to want to refund around 25% of their broadcasting revenue are they? This season will be completed and they’ll come up with a solution for next season aswell to maintain income.

Money talks and the money says “complete the season”.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 5
ivanosandwich
April 5, 2020, 10:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Chazzer
The Belgian Premier League have declared season over and awarded Club Bruges as winners. They are 15 points ahead of second place. Wonder if our lot will follow suit?

Liverpool will be very disappointed if the Premier league award it to Club Bruges.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
fishboyUTM
April 5, 2020, 6:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I read somewhere that Sky, BT and all foreign broadcasters have already paid up in full for 2019/20 season. The PL are not going to want to refund around 25% of their broadcasting revenue are they? This season will be completed and they’ll come up with a solution for next season aswell to maintain income.

Money talks and the money says “complete the season”.

I think so, and I also think we will see a very different Premier League and Championship financially, which probably isn't a bad thing. At the moment you have players who never play in the top tier, spend all their career in the Championship on 50k plus per week and will retire to their castle or their own island at 33. It's all mad, the transfer fees are mad and some reality has been needed for a very long time.

Look at Town, the top clubs in league 2, division 4 or whatever you call it are on 5k a week? More, less? Around that figure I would suggest which is absolutely unsustainable for all the clubs at this level, but they'll pay it anyway. We are not a small club but I wouldn't be comfortable with that level of expenditure.

Quickly going back to the top, BT Sports are involved domestically, Amazon Prime threaten to revolutionise PPV football. Change is coming, and not before time. And this sodomist will fast forward everything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Belgium Premier League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.