1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Mayaman
February 22, 2020, 12:56am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Last night I had a nightmare / dream.  I was frantically looking for my passport.  My girlfriend couldn't understand why I was so flustered.  I just knew I wished I'd fished (pun intended) my documents out earlier.  One part of my mind was wondering why the urgency to fly all the way home for a few days.  The video of me rummaging in drawers with elevated blood pressure went viral which spawned an international effort to get me home without a passport and I miraculously got back .  The TV screen was black n white.  Not like old tellies but because it showed hundreds of Town supporters bedecked in our colours.  Pundits mentioned our unbeaten run but alluded to the fact that we were still underdogs. Then I saw Holloway with his flat-capped head held high and his body a bursting bag of emotions as he lead the Mariners out onto the Wembley turf.  The lucid part of my brain told me not to wake up.  But I blood_y did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Spatchcock
February 22, 2020, 5:48am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
I'm a glass half full type of guy and I think we have got a sneaky chance of getting into the play offs. What are we 5 games unbeaten at the moment. I think the momentum has started, IH has got us playing football not seen since the Buckley Mk1 era, the boys are oozing with confidence and from their performances are displaying a new found belief. Just hope the attendances start picking up so we can get some life back into the old girl that is Blundell Park. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Patrick kavanagh
February 22, 2020, 10:34am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +26
If we get a result today, it's possible, we've been to harder places than Swindon and got results before, with Olly in charge you just never know, regardless of anything it's great to see the team playing football with passion and giving us a bit of pride back after so long!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
grimsby pete
February 22, 2020, 11:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
We are not expecting anything that puts pressure on the players.

We are optimistic very optimistic and we can all thank Ollie for that.

Up the mighty mariners !!!!!  ⚓ 😀 🔝🔜

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
devs
February 22, 2020, 12:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Win today and we can dream
But there are so many clubs above us who can win on any given Saturday and the gap will remain 8/9 pts
We will have to win 11/12 minimum of remaining games - possible but unlikely
It would need the collapse of several clubs (certainly 5/6 to have very poor run ins) for us to sneak in

While there's hope....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
rancido
February 22, 2020, 12:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from devs
But there are so many clubs above us who can win on any given Saturday and the gap will remain 8/9 pts
It would need the collapse of several clubs (certainly 5/6 to have very poor run ins) for us to sneak in

While there's hope....

The 2 games in hand we have are against higher opposition so gains for us in those fixtures draw us closer to them. In fact , every win against a higher placed team makes the dream more of a reality.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Posh Harry
February 22, 2020, 1:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,371
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from devs

While there's hope....

It’s the hope that kills ya 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2020, 2:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Remember the old country wisdom:

A Play-off shout
Til February is out

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
mimma
February 22, 2020, 2:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Just put my £20 free bet on Town to be promoted at 125 to 1.

Bloody hope the do it now!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dare to dream

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.