Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Six weeks is a long time!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 186 Guests

Six weeks is a long time!

This thread currently has 1,446 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 12, 2020, 8:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Time to reflect on what seems like a complete change in the club’s outlook both on and off the pitch. I’m sure many of us didn’t envisage being able to feel so positive so soon. It would be churlish to say ‘why didn’t we appoint him earlier?’ because maybe earlier wouldn’t have worked.
However long it took, credit must go to JF for getting Ollie here but then the man himself takes over and, apart from some stellar signings and revving up the players already here, I think his master stroke was retaining Anthony and Ben, guys who knew the players which enabled him to hit the ground running.
Six weeks, that’s all it’s taken for me to enjoy watching our club again - great work Ollie!
Private Message
KingstonMariner
February 12, 2020, 9:09am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It’s certainly a lot more entertaining to watch and the change in outlook in such a short time is amazing without a massive overhaul in staff. That’s what a really good manager can do.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
diehardmariner
February 12, 2020, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
Pre-Holloway I think most of us had lost interest in Town, I know personally I was at the point where I didn't want to go to games anymore and was going to the home games out of habit more than anything else.

I've had a season ticket for 30 years and have never missed a home game by choice.  The Cheltenham home game in November I simply opted to not go.  I had made plans to do something else prior to the rearrangement but it wasn't anything I couldn't have got out of.  I just didn't want to go.  It had got that bad.   The only thing more dangerous than anger is apathy and the club felt full of it.  We were in a downward spiral and no-one really seemed to care.  

Incredible transformation and whilst we've all seen false dawns before, hell even as recently as six months ago thinking back to the Port Vale game at home...but this really feels like the real deal!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Ipswin
February 12, 2020, 11:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters
It would be churlish to say ‘why didn’t we appoint him earlier?’ because maybe earlier wouldn’t have worked.

To be honest, I don't think he would have looked at Grimsby Town if Bristol Rovers had come in for him

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
MuddyWaters
February 12, 2020, 3:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

To be honest, I don't think he would have looked at Grimsby Town if Bristol Rovers had come in for him

To be honest, I don't care!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
jock dock tower
February 12, 2020, 4:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Ipswin

Just how many parades are you going to p1ss on before you crack a smile and say "Good one, Oliie"

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Six weeks is a long time!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.