1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Davec
January 26, 2020, 11:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Matt Tees has now moved into a care home as a result of his advancing dementia.

His wife May and several members of her family are doing a sponsored walk to raise money for Dementia Research

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....s-alzheimers-3771397

And link to fundraiser below.
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/maytees

Seeing as so many fans have fond memories of Matt as a player I request to Mods that this thread is made a sticky?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
January 26, 2020, 12:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I did some dementia training through work about 18 months ago and it makes you aware of how to treat people with dementia, I would fully recommend to anyone, if they get the chance to do this to do the training.

I did some work at Sir Matts house last year, more chatting about Town and looking at all his Town pictures that he has up than work in fairness and although he did lose track during our chat about Town a couple of times, he spoke very well.  

His wife thanked me as I was leaving, and she said it's great when Town fans speak to Matt because his face lights up talking about Town. The thing with dementia is that newer memories are hard to retain, so it's the older memories that the person remembers the most.

The way dementia was put to me was imagine a tall bookcase, the newer memories are on the top shelf and the older memories at the bottom shelf. Dementia moves that bookcase from side to side so the newer memories fall away quicker than the older memories. Dementia moves that book case harder as the conditions goes on until all that are left are the bottom shelf memories.  

The shocking thing about dementia is that it can take hold of anyone at any age.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Rik e B
January 26, 2020, 1:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
My Grandma has it, awful. Bless him and his family too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Sir Matt Tease
January 27, 2020, 4:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 31
[quote=122237]Matt Tees has now moved into a care home as a result of his advancing dementia.

His wife May and several members of her family are doing a sponsored walk to raise money for Dementia Research

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....s-alzheimers-3771397

And link to fundraiser below.
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/maytees

Seeing as so many fans have fond memories of Matt as a player I request to Mods that this thread is made a sticky?

How can two utter morons red cross this for one of the finest players ever to have worn the black and white stripes ?

Total pillocks !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
wigworld
January 28, 2020, 8:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Easy to become a 'dementia friend' - just register online, and watch some online videos to get a better understanding of the condition, and how to engage better with people who have dementia:

[url]https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 6
cmackenzie4
January 28, 2020, 8:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Horrible disease, my late Nan had it and it was horrible to see, she went downhill after my Grandad died, all the best to Matt and his family đź‘Ť

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
Marinerz93
January 28, 2020, 11:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from wigworld
Easy to become a 'dementia friend' - just register online, and watch some online videos to get a better understanding of the condition, and how to engage better with people who have dementia:

[url]https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/[/url]

Great shout wigworld, dementia friends is definitely worth looking into.

[youtube]WQ9uSR22qkI[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Tees

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.