6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
January 25, 2020, 10:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
We were also better in the first half against Exeter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 57
TownSNAFU5
January 25, 2020, 10:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
We were also better in the first half against Exeter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
Bigdog
January 25, 2020, 10:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner16
The 2nd wasnt down to Glennon, we were excrement scared of Nadesans pace, as we have none at the back

We can't play front foot football with slow defenders. Natural tendency to drop off is understandable and teams can push us back by pacy forwards running at us in space or picking up balls along the channels. All four of our central defenders are of the same mould, great defending in tight areas in front of them, good in the air, solid in the tackle, but none of them can run. Two will have to move on in the summer to make way for a bit of pace if we want to be at the top end of the table next season. And if we want to be battling for promotion our central midfield needs a huge overhaul too. No time to panic or be despondent or down about the odd defeat or two. It's valuable time for IH to gain an honest appraisal of what each member of the squad can do, and more importantly, can't do..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 57
Croxton
January 25, 2020, 10:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
It's agonising to see our younger players getting punished for nearly every mistake over the last three games. I'd rather focus on the misplaced culture of over passing when opportunities come to deliver a cross or forward pass. Ollie has said he will not criticise if he sees positive intent. In theory, young players should play without fear but ours appear shackled sometimes. Both our goals came from decisive movement rather than overplaying. Once we get ahead, we have no leader on the pitch to marshal the midfield, just eager scrappers. Everyone we face seem to have more composure. Dominating centre mid continues to be a priority.

Put Hess back in front of the defence and give Max 90 mins instead of Harry. I hope Ollie resists the temptation to start Green 'to see what he can do on the grass'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 57
louth_in_the_south
January 26, 2020, 7:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 95
I think a lot of the team yesterday won’t be looking forward to May . We’re not going to go up if we keep the majority - sorry if this sounds harsh but they’re just not good enough and IH has been around long enough to know this . Not going to name names on here as they’re trying their hardest it’s obvious and are definitely playing better football.
One name I’ll mention though is Vernam . What an improvement from him . Our best player by a mile yesterday.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
jaf243
January 26, 2020, 9:07am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +73
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I think a lot of the team yesterday won’t be looking forward to May . We’re not going to go up if we keep the majority - sorry if this sounds harsh but they’re just not good enough and IH has been around long enough to know this . Not going to name names on here as they’re trying their hardest it’s obvious and are definitely playing better football.
One name I’ll mention though is Vernam . What an improvement from him . Our best player by a mile yesterday.

Thought Pollock had a great game too, the only defender that seemed really capable of distribution.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
pen penfras
January 26, 2020, 9:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from jaf243

Thought Pollock had a great game too, the only defender that seemed really capable of distribution.

Didn't see the game, but watched the highlights and he's chasing shadows for all 3 of their goals.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
Roast Em Bobby
January 26, 2020, 9:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
Wow, amazing how we all see a game differently. I thought Pollock was massively at fault for the 1st goal and also at fault for third. I thought Vernam and Whitehouse were good for 45 minutes but completely went missing in the 2nd half (a re-occurring theme). Yet somehow it seems Harry is getting most of the blame in this thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 57
ginnywings
January 26, 2020, 9:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Pollock is only 18 and i think it all caught up with him a bit yesterday. He was great against Exeter who are a better side than Crawley. I expect he will be rested back to the bench now Waterfall is available again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
golfer
January 26, 2020, 9:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Definitely threw that game away. Lost count of the number of times we turned an attacking position into defence by players not taking responsibility to be positive. Under pressure!? Pass the ball back to put a teammate in the same position, and he does the same. Rather than risk losing the ball in the final quarter we risk losing it near our penalty area. Olly’s got to get that train of thought cut out amongst the players. Good work wasted.

Exactly -think this comes with confidence hopefully Olly can bring this back - shame he wasn't here at the start of season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back On The Train

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.