January 1, 2020, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from fishcake63
waterfall our best centre back by a country mile

I thought Davis played well today, re Cook I feel for him as he is injury prone. On his day he’s pretty decent but I felt today he spent a lot of energy looking for free kicks that weren’t there.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
diehardmariner
January 2, 2020, 11:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,608
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from fishcake63
waterfall our best centre back by a country mile

Really?

I'd say he's our fourth best centre back.  Ultimately I think he's proved to a poor signing, nothing personal but I just don't rate the lad.  

I think he's slow, very poor positional wise and is a disaster with the ball at his feet.  He wins a a lot in the air but a good centre back will win the challenge and use his header as a pass.  Waterfall just seems to win the challenge, where the ball goes is a roll of the dice.  This happens at both ends of the pitch, we use him as the focus for our attacking set-pieces but nothing ever comes of them.

Pollock and Ohman should be the pairing in my eyes.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Maringer
January 2, 2020, 12:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,503
Gold Stars: 185
As I noted in another thread, I was actually quite impressed with Waterfall's distribution yesterday and he's certainly been a bit better in general with the ball at his feet over the past month. One of those players like Lever who looks clumsy on the ball but actually isn't that bad.

I have to say, I'm still not really sure about Ohman, though he's had the odd decent performance. He's played in fewer than half of the League games since his arrival due to injury and suspension and, though very strong in the air, he's always looked likely to concede a free-kick whenever challenging with his feet. Jury still out for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
ginnywings
January 2, 2020, 1:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from diehardmariner

Really?

I'd say he's our fourth best centre back.  Ultimately I think he's proved to a poor signing, nothing personal but I just don't rate the lad.  

I think he's slow, very poor positional wise and is a disaster with the ball at his feet.  He wins a a lot in the air but a good centre back will win the challenge and use his header as a pass.  Waterfall just seems to win the challenge, where the ball goes is a roll of the dice.  This happens at both ends of the pitch, we use him as the focus for our attacking set-pieces but nothing ever comes of them.

Pollock and Ohman should be the pairing in my eyes.

Have to say I'm baffled by this. The defence has been carrying the team for weeks and the 2 current CB's have been doing an excellent job. I think Davies in particular has been very good and was excellent yesterday. I'd take him over Ohman right now and as good a prospect as Pollock is, he doesn't have the experience Waterfall brings to the side.

We have only conceded an amount in the same ball park as sides at the top end, but we don't score the goals to take advantage of that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2020, 2:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

Have to say I'm baffled by this. The defence has been carrying the team for weeks and the 2 current CB's have been doing an excellent job. I think Davies in particular has been very good and was excellent yesterday. I'd take him over Ohman right now and as good a prospect as Pollock is, he doesn't have the experience Waterfall brings to the side.

We have only conceded an amount in the same ball park as sides at the top end, but we don't score the goals to take advantage of that.

I‘m not a massive Waterfall fan but as a unit the back 4 we had yesterday and in recent games is starting to look a lot more solid and I don’t remember Macca being all that busy, at the moment I don’t see any massive need for change.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
diehardmariner
January 2, 2020, 2:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,608
Gold Stars: 538
All about opinions isn't it...

I just don't rate him.  I find it so disappointing that since we've come up from the Conference we've somehow managed to downgrade on our defence, I suppose that's the case across the whole team as well.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cook Up Front

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.