Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Investment. (Or Lack Off)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 353 Guests

Investment. (Or Lack Off)

This thread currently has 5,743 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
December 8, 2019, 9:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
We are going no where while fenty is drawing 250k a year out of our budget. There are ways to increase our spending limit as have been discused before . But he wont do it because he has to be in control and his muppets around him are all yes men and not man enough to to stand up to him so we will stand still or in fact go backwards as we are starting to do now. Seems any one who comes in to the club with money is not man enough to take him on and backs off. I am now starting to think that he is no fan and that that is a cover for him to hide behind. A real fan with money would not let his club go the way we are end of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
moosey_club
December 8, 2019, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
He has said for a few seasons now that the club is effectively for sale....he wants out...pretty sure he must be sick to death of the criticism he gets ....why would he put more money in that he isn't going to get back ?
.. taking bits out per season is his option.....the other options being he calls all the debt and bankrupts the club only receiving part payment....he leaves cancels the debt and loses it all....negotiates a sale which can either pay his debt off or guarantee a repayment of them over a set period.

Not increasing club debt.....reducing the liability year on year are sensible options given other club situations until a sale can be put together.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
Abdul19
December 8, 2019, 11:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from denni266
We are going no where

At the moment I'll take nowhere

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
SomeSanity
December 8, 2019, 11:43am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pen penfras

Or maybe there's these wretched financial fair play rules that meant it couldn't be used on the squad...

Good point, however, how do Scunthorpe splash out on their squad with the attendances and income they get?

There are ways and means. It has become fairly apparent there is not an appetite to put any more money into the club. To be fair to JF, if The intention is to let go of the rains of the club why would you put it any more money?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Theimperialcoroner
December 8, 2019, 1:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Here’s a thing. I put my house on the market, it doesn’t sell for two years. There’s something wrong, either the price is wrong or the house is. If I really wanted to sell, I’d have to do something about one or the other. Fenty has said there are tyre kickers out there, but I suspect he wants Rolls Royce money for a Ford Fiesta.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
Rik e B
December 8, 2019, 2:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
To say there's two hundred and fifty thousand pounds of profit made each year but it can't be spent on improving the budget is a nonsense. There are ways and means - see pretty much every other club that manages a small profit.

So lets say in ten years if it weren't for Fenty's leeching we'd have 2.5 million sat there in the bank but 'oh sorry we can't improve our warchest'. balderdash.

Kinda sick coming in as the great saviour of club you love but then slowly bleeding supposed beloved club dry over years and years and years as we humiliated nationally and our fiercy loyal supporters are made to suffer to such a point that some feel they have no choice but to do the unthinkable and turn their back on the club.

Look at all these other rich supporter owners bailing out their clubs or boosting their kitty and not wanting a penny in return, and the bright upward spiral of positivity that brings to club and community.

What a great feeling that must bring.

All I can think is Fenty must have spunked his other 17 million or whatever up the wall pretty much as he should have had enough there to see out his days in lavish luxury without even missing the couple of mill he put into GTFC. All content in the knowledge he done a great thing for the club he loves and adored by the locals for kickstarting a brighter future.

But no.

Could have made the rest of his money work for him so club could keep receiving injections from the profit/interest made elsewhere and his original fortune left fairly untouched. But hey ho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
Gaffer58
December 8, 2019, 2:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
One way scunny increase their budget is by getting one of the chairmans companies, in this case his Blackpool hotel, to sponsor the clubs shirts for a higher value then the league average, I would assume Forest Green are doing something similar with their chairmans money, but what does Mr Fenty do, takes out a decent amount, and then wonders why we struggle. I'm afraid "football fortune" only comes around once in a blue moon but, if we'll all be patient we may draw Man U away in the cup sometime before 2050.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
Rik e B
December 8, 2019, 2:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
You have to speculate to accumulate, probably why football fortune has been hard to find.

If you want to 'put something back into the community' rather than become a sodding Councillor the best best would be to go off and create an empire (if you've got money you can make money) then come back and put some of the fruits of you labour back into community. Say investing in infrastructure with ventures that still bring you income but also improve the amenities available to the locals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
Rik e B
December 8, 2019, 2:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
For example Donald Trump (love him or loathe him that not the point or issue here)

"I started with a small loan of a million dollars" now he would have really struggled to build his vast empire without a penny to scratch his bottom with to start with. Probably would have made inroads somehow because of his business brain but it would have been much much harder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
Gaffer58
December 8, 2019, 2:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
So if Mr Fenty had loaned the club around £2.5 million, then for his 20 years in charge that equates to just over £100 grand per year, surely as mentioned in earlier threads if he was to even write of the approximate £1.5 million he's still owed then over the last 20 years that's not too big a number, but no he wants every last penny back whilst the club, he loves, struggles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Investment. (Or Lack Off)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.