This thread currently has 1,224 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
GrimRob
November 16, 2019, 10:16am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Who has sacked the most managers? John Fenty or Roman Abramovich? It's quite close, they are both in double figures.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
November 16, 2019, 10:24am
Guest User
One of those is an arrogant meglomaniac who thinks the sun rises and sets on his shoulders.  I think the other ones Russian.
Reply: 1 - 6
OllieGTFC
November 16, 2019, 11:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
That’s quite embarrassing if you ask me

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
grimsby pete
November 16, 2019, 11:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
One has won the European Cup and rides high in the premier league,

The other one took us into non league and took 6 years to get out.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
moosey_club
November 16, 2019, 11:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Abramovich has fully delivered during his reign,  so he can do what the fck he likes with the club in reality.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Malta_Mariner_90
November 16, 2019, 12:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
These are the bosses under Fenty little bit of my opinion on them as well:

2004 Paul Groves – In place pre Fenty sacked after that 6-0 defeat at Oldham

2004 Nicky Law – Clueless, could not stop the rot.

2004-06 Slade Mk1 – First season was about stopping the rot, we even placed awesome football for the first few games (Darlo away anyone?) Should have been promoted in second season. Beginning of the real decline into proper tin pot status after he and Fenty had their alleged “disagreement or whatever”

2006 Rodger  – So the proper penny pinching begins. Out of his depth, not his fault.

2006-08 Buckley Mk3 – Was never going to be able to replicate what he achieved previously, still kept us up and another trip to Wembley. End of his reign was less a reflection of him and more a reflection of the extent to how the rot was being allowed to grow.

2008-09 Newell – I actually met him in Tesco just after he had been appointed. At the time I did not really understand the significance of his trolley full of booze.

2009-11 Woodsie – Poor bloke never stood a chance. Had the guilt of taking us out of the league as well. Should not have been him that suffered this fate.

2011-12 Hurst and Shouty – Steadied the ship. Connell and Hearn were not bad at all. The tide finally turning despite having “no facking money”.

2012-16 Hurst – Some real committed players who connected well with the fans, Hurst was the right man for the job at the right time (obviously a fluke!). Restored some sense of pride, though never really connected with a large section of the support and not that many were too upset when he left. 4 years of “keeping us shape” was enough.

2016-17 Bignot – Fenty doing his best to be “modern”. Stick to being out of date I say. A man full of ideas, such as Gunning being a footballer.

2017-18 Slade Mk2 – On second thoughts Fenty please no, just no. I am still confused as to how Dixon and Kelly were ever considered players who could play the professional game.

2018 – Yesterday Jolley – Back to being ultra modern then. A nice bloke, who started off as well as he could. When kept simple we got results. As soon as he started trying to introduce anything beyond the alphabet the players looked confused. Cannot knock him for keeping us up in the first season. But then he forgot the very principles which kept us up. Keep it simple. You do not have to be Lincoln or the like. Just keep it simple.

In total he has sacked 11 as Slade Mk 1 left without being fired and Hurst jumped ship?

Most of that list did deserve the chop, but I guess that says more about the employer than the employee.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
HertsGTFC
November 16, 2019, 12:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
These are the bosses under Fenty little bit of my opinion on them as well:

2004 Paul Groves – In place pre Fenty sacked after that 6-0 defeat at Oldham

2004 Nicky Law – Clueless, could not stop the rot.

2004-06 Slade Mk1 – First season was about stopping the rot, we even placed awesome football for the first few games (Darlo away anyone?) Should have been promoted in second season. Beginning of the real decline into proper tin pot status after he and Fenty had their alleged “disagreement or whatever”

2006 Rodger  – So the proper penny pinching begins. Out of his depth, not his fault.

2006-08 Buckley Mk3 – Was never going to be able to replicate what he achieved previously, still kept us up and another trip to Wembley. End of his reign was less a reflection of him and more a reflection of the extent to how the rot was being allowed to grow.

2008-09 Newell – I actually met him in Tesco just after he had been appointed. At the time I did not really understand the significance of his trolley full of booze.

2009-11 Woodsie – Poor bloke never stood a chance. Had the guilt of taking us out of the league as well. Should not have been him that suffered this fate.

2011-12 Hurst and Shouty – Steadied the ship. Connell and Hearn where not bad at all. The tide finally turning despite having “no facking money”.

2012-16 Hurst – Some real committed players who connected well with the fans, Hurst was the right man for the job at the right time (obviously a fluke!). Restored some sense of pride, though never really connected with a large section of the support and not that many were too upset when he left. 4 years of “keeping us shape” was enough.

2016-17 Bignot – Fenty doing his best to be “modern”. Stick to being out of date I say. A man full of ideas, such as Gunning being a footballer.

2017-18 Slade Mk2 – On second thoughts Fenty please no, just no. I am still confused as to how Dixon and Kelly where ever considered players who could play the professional game.

2018 – Yesterday Jolley – Back to being ultra modern then. A nice bloke, who started off as well as he could. When kept simple we got results. As soon as he started trying to introduce anything beyond the alphabet the players looked confused. Cannot knock him for keeping us up in the first season. But then he forgot the very principles which kept us up. Keep it simple. You do not have to be Lincoln or the like. Just keep it simple.

In total he has sacked 11 as Slade Mk 1 left without being fired and Hurst jumped ship?

Most of that list did deserve the chop, but I guess that says more about the employer than the employee.

All of which explains why we’ll be lucky to get a half decent replacement for Jolley

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Most sackings

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.