This thread currently has 5,259 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
October 13, 2019, 2:12pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,344
Gold Stars: 113
A possible contender for goal of the season? Or does the Green strike at Chelsea beat it?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
MarinerRob
October 13, 2019, 2:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 107
I think Rose's goal was better. The way he beat his man just before blasting the ball into the net.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
FishOutOfWater
October 13, 2019, 2:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.16
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GrimRob
A possible contender for goal of the season? Or does the Green strike at Chelsea beat it?

A contender as things stand but we have another 7 months to go yet
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 22
grimsby pete
October 13, 2019, 2:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Would love to see our front three of Wright  Ogbu and Rose given an extended run and use Hanson as a plan B  as its no good playing him if we can not put the ball on his head.

Rose goal was a cracker pity he did not start the game with the other two mentioned.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
moosey_club
October 13, 2019, 3:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,132
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from GrimRob

Not for me.

Robson's at Exeter was a cracker, as was Green's at Chelsea.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
Kris2
October 13, 2019, 6:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from grimsby pete
Would love to see our front three of Wright  Ogbu and Rose given an extended run and use Hanson as a plan B  as its no good playing him if we can not put the ball on his head.

Rose goal was a cracker pity he did not start the game with the other two mentioned.

Wright just gets kicked around and Rose would too. you have Ogbu but having Hanson around drags a lot of pressure from the smaller pacey players because they have to deal with a big,strong player who is good in the air. Could probably play Rose from the start if he didn't have injury issues, feels like as soon as he starts a game again he pulls up with something. Hanson can win the ball, it's the players around him that don't do much with it when he does. Would love Rose around to run for Hanson to pass to but I'm dubious on if he'll last a full game and then be able to start the next.

In many ways it depends on the game, Jolley is obviously trying to work to the opponent and sometimes it works as we saw against Exeter but he gets things wrong too. I don't think using some lightweight skinny fast boys will work in every single game. Bigger defenders will shut them out the game, we've seen it plenty of times before.  
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
buckstown
October 13, 2019, 9:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,111
Gold Stars: 77
If his overhead kick had gone in we could have stopped the competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
diehardmariner
October 14, 2019, 11:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +16,981
Gold Stars: 516
Nice turn of pace and direct running.  Hit it well enough but am I alone in thinking the 'keeper should have done better with it?  Left a massive gap at his near post.

Robson's long range strike at Exeter was technically outstanding, especially as the ball to him from Hessenthaler wasn't that great and slightly behind him.  Had to adjust his body position and then still get that whip on it.  Difficult enough to get that right even with an inch perfect pass.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
Son of Cod
October 14, 2019, 11:22am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,310
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from diehardmariner
Nice turn of pace and direct running.  Hit it well enough but am I alone in thinking the 'keeper should have done better with it?  Left a massive gap at his near post.

Robson's long range strike at Exeter was technically outstanding, especially as the ball to him from Hessenthaler wasn't that great and slightly behind him.  Had to adjust his body position and then still get that whip on it.  Difficult enough to get that right even with an inch perfect pass.

My favourite goal this season is Robson's other one at Exeter. His first there, Green's at Cheslea and now Rose's at the weekend were all absolute bangers but they're all just great strikes from one player. The third at Exeter was quality from three players linking up. I can't recall who played the ball into Ogbu off the top of my head (was it Wright?), but it was a great pass. Ogbu bringing the ball down and getting it to Robson and then Robson letting the ball run across him taking out on Exeter defender in the process before smashing it home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Rik e B
October 14, 2019, 12:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Just good to see the kid who 'needs to do more' doing more 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rose goal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.