This thread currently has 11,616 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
OllieGTFC
August 10, 2019, 3:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Honestly Bradford are nothing to worry about !

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
Madeleymariner
August 10, 2019, 3:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Well chuffed with how we played and could have won fairly easily with the rub of the green. It may not be silky football but it is certainly not hoofball either. We seem to create problems from set pieces but it always seems when the ball drops in the box all our players seem to be in one place if we had a couple more players peel away to different parts of the box when the ball comes in we will score from a corner every game
Well done Town well pleased with that, attacking and fairly entertaining thats what I go to football to see.
Onwards and upwards Say we were top of the league, say we were top of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
HertsGTFC
August 10, 2019, 3:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Good point Town the better team though their lad took his chance well.

Hanson & Green showed some great experience, Moses a bit of an unknown quantity, Macca can “haul us over the coals” every week IMHO.

Feel Bradford and their support think they where too good for L2., time will tell I suppose.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
Marinerz93
August 10, 2019, 3:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
A game we could have won, good to see so much attacking football, well done Town.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
Hagrid
August 10, 2019, 3:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
Thought hewitt was excellent. My mom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
Abdul19
August 10, 2019, 3:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Decent game, especially the second half. Good response to going behind too.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
Maringer
August 10, 2019, 3:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Considering the panic in their defence at times, it wouldn't have taken more than a little luck for us to have scored another couple of goals. That said, they could have had another couple on the break themselves (and should have had a penalty in the 2nd half when Davis was trying to pull the shirt off their striker at a set piece) .

It was a pity Bradford started playing it long nearer the end as it made them more of a threat - none of their defenders was much of a ball player and I wasn't very impressed with them really. Scannell made the big difference with his pace when he came on. Encouraging performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
RonMariner
August 10, 2019, 3:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,668
Gold Stars: 226
A promising start to the season.  Sounds like we now have the best side we have had for several years.

Pleased to hear Moses played well, pre season reports were not too positive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
fishyfanny
August 10, 2019, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.90
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
I thought we could have got a winner after Hanson had equalised, but the injury to Ohman seemed to lose us a little bit of momentum.
I thought that we lacked width in the first half, but we looked better in the second. We look a better team than last season and that was an enjoyable game to watch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
Malta_Mariner_90
August 10, 2019, 3:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Hagrid
Thought hewitt was excellent. My mom

Really? The game is not just about long throws you know.  

I think everyone played well enough, tough to pick one as a stand out for me. Though for me I thought Hess was very solid in the middle and distributed the ball well so probs he would be mine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.