Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecambe (A)........you crafty tw@t !!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 239 Guests

Morecambe (A)........you crafty tw@t !!!

This thread currently has 5,812 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
June 22, 2019, 9:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Fancy a trip to see the Talbot when you're up in Scotland old pal?

Quoted from tintowner
Me and the missus are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary during the first week of August.

We are travelling up to Scotland on Monday 5th August and then coming back down during the week taking in the lakes, Blackpool (our honeymoon destination at the time).....and Southport (a few memories of going there with the Mariners.........and the missus liked the place)  

Anyway!...... yesterday I asked her if she would fancy adding to our adventure in August by starting it on the Saturday , the argument being that we would be just kicking our heels over the weekend waiting to travel up on the Monday.

She was all for it..  .so I suggested somewhere up north around half way....and a coastal town.   .

I got google maps on the computer and said..... how does Morecambe sound   ......... she was quite happy with that.....' I've never been to Morecambe' she said............................I booked the hotel  

Whereabouts in Scotland? Fancy a trip to a Talbot match?

I'm currently working nights and at about midnight I received a text from the wife......         'you crafty twit' it said.

I replied with a ?  

Wife: do you know where Grimsby are playing on the opening day of the season?

Me: I haven't seen the fixtures yet my princess  

Wife:   MORECAMBE  

Me:  Are they really......isn't that a coincidence........ well I may as well go and support the lads seeing that I will be there.  

Wife:  this is going to cost you........ a really expensive meal in Morecambe on the Saturday night

Me:  not sure if there is such a place like that in Morecambe my petal.

As soon as the fixtures came out I thought....result..... just need to hatch a plan.

I hope we can get something on the day because I certainly wont be getting anything that night.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
FishOutOfWater
June 26, 2019, 1:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from tintowner
Me and the missus are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary during the first week of August.

We are travelling up to Scotland on Monday 5th August and then coming back down during the week taking in the lakes, Blackpool (our honeymoon destination at the time).....and Southport (a few memories of going there with the Mariners.........and the missus liked the place)  

Anyway!...... yesterday I asked her if she would fancy adding to our adventure in August by starting it on the Saturday , the argument being that we would be just kicking our heels over the weekend waiting to travel up on the Monday.

She was all for it..  .so I suggested somewhere up north around half way....and a coastal town.   .

I got google maps on the computer and said..... how does Morecambe sound   ......... she was quite happy with that.....' I've never been to Morecambe' she said............................I booked the hotel  

I'm currently working nights and at about midnight I received a text from the wife......         'you crafty twit' it said.

I replied with a ?  

Wife: do you know where Grimsby are playing on the opening day of the season?

Me: I haven't seen the fixtures yet my princess  

Wife:   MORECAMBE  

Me:  Are they really......isn't that a coincidence........ well I may as well go and support the lads seeing that I will be there.  

Wife:  this is going to cost you........ a really expensive meal in Morecambe on the Saturday night

Me:  not sure if there is such a place like that in Morecambe my petal.

As soon as the fixtures came out I thought....result..... just need to hatch a plan.

I hope we can get something on the day because I certainly wont be getting anything that night.

A Town fan, 25 years married and hopeful still of scoring in every sense.... got to take my hat off to you; you must be an eternal optimist  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecambe (A)........you crafty tw@t !!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.