psgmariner
May 13, 2019, 6:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Congratulations to Exeter.

Hopefully our Trust use their good relationship with their Trust to learn from what they are doing well. I’ve never been but heard good things.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/awayfan/

Private Message
moosey_club
May 13, 2019, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Main points were;

Deploying volunteer ambassadors to welcome fans as they arrive at the ground.
    Personalised welcome messages posted on the away turnstiles
    Young families arriving early in the visiting section are taken to the away dug out for a family picture.
    Delivering programmes and team sheets direct to coaches.
    Visiting supporters are welcome to mix and use our facilities before or after the game and in particular Centre Spot bar and the open air patio    
    bar in “Red Square.”
    Early arrivals are welcome to go on the free Exeter City Supporters’ Trust stadium and museum tour.

Pretty much all free or very low cost to implement.

whats that saying again...knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2019, 10:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club
Main points where;

Young families arriving early in the visiting section are taken to the away dug out for a family picture.
    Visiting supporters are welcome to mix and use our facilities before or after the game and in particular Centre Spot bar and the open air patio    
    bar in “Red Square.”
    Early arrivals are welcome to go on the free Exeter City Supporters’ Trust stadium and museum tour.

Yep, and the sort of thing that can happen when people feel a real sense of ownership for their club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
Jarmo.Is.God
May 14, 2019, 2:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from moosey_club
Main points where;

bar in “Red Square.”

That is a very good move, as a dad to 2 youngs boys, who albeit haven't attended a match yet (was going to take oldest 3, to Crewe, but he wasn't 100% well so give it a miss) this would make me keen to take them to the ground again, which means more revenue to that particular club... all makes sense
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
GYinScuntland
May 14, 2019, 10:53pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

That is a very good move, as a dad to 2 youngs boys, who albeit haven't attended a match yet (was going to take oldest 3, to Crewe, but he wasn't 100% well so give it a miss) this would make me keen to take them to the ground again, which means more revenue to that particular club... all makes sense

Each to their own but I just don't get why anyone would want to take kids that age to the football, it's not like they can take it in or even appreciate what's going on.

It makes me think back to the second season that the Pontoon was seated and some nondescript evening fixture.

Town had scored, we were bouncing and cheering and a copper came up and told us to calm it as the bloke a few rows in front had complained we were frightening his baby and he couldn't get him to sleep.

We changed our seasos to the upper whatever a few weeks later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
HackneyHaddock
May 14, 2019, 11:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Our club is run by clueless morons who hate their customers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Jarmo.Is.God
May 15, 2019, 8:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Each to their own but I just don't get why anyone would want to take kids that age to the football, it's not like they can take it in or even appreciate what's going on.

It makes me think back to the second season that the Pontoon was seated and some nondescript evening fixture.

Town had scored, we were bouncing and cheering and a copper came up and told us to calm it as the bloke a few rows in front had complained we were frightening his baby and he couldn't get him to sleep.

We changed our seasos to the upper whatever a few weeks later.

To be fair mate, the missus say's the exact same thing, but i'm just desperate to take him, but like you say, he won't appreciate it all until another good 2-3 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
lukeo
May 15, 2019, 1:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Agree 3 is too young really to enjoy it.. I took my lad when he Was 3 to an away game only because I had no one to look after him  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
FishOutOfWater
May 15, 2019, 1:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from lukeo
Agree 3 is too young really to enjoy it.. I took my lad when he Was 3 to an away game only because I had no one to look after him  

Enjoy it lukeo?? He's going to have a long wait I'd say...  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best away fan experience League 2

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.