rancido
May 7, 2019, 5:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from LH
I’ve never understood why some fans of clubs like Town are so obsessed that they go to more games than others. There is a multitude of reasons why somebody might not be able to go to every single game home and away. It seems obvious to me why someone who has chosen the name ‘Bristol Mariner’ might not be able to get to more than half a dozen or so in a season.

Absolutely agree. I have a friend who has retired to Poland. He follows town avidly via the internet and wears his town shirt as much as he can. We have also got posters on here from all over the world and their opinions and input is as relevant as any regular attendant at BP.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
golfer
May 7, 2019, 6:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from LH
I’ve never understood why some fans of clubs like Town are so obsessed that they go to more games than others. There is a multitude of reasons why somebody might not be able to go to every single game home and away. It seems obvious to me why someone who has chosen the name ‘Bristol Mariner’ might not be able to get to more than half a dozen or so in a season.

Thought he had big Titts
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
May 7, 2019, 7:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

He might want to become bosom buddies mate

You know were I'm coming from, always two Bristols. Always enjoyed the Coronation Tap.
Reply: 22 - 27
Bristol Mariner
May 8, 2019, 8:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 140067

You know were I'm coming from, always two Bristols. Always enjoyed the Coronation Tap.

Only serve half pints

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
supertown
May 8, 2019, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
I thought twit of the season came from one of the twit of the week winners , or have I dreamt that up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
hheh2
May 9, 2019, 3:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Bigdog
Back to the Footballing Twit Of The Season..

I'd like to jointly nominate the FA and the EFL. The governance of our game is at an all time low. All that matters io them is maximising revenue from TV deals, which is fine, but what a mess they make of distributing that income.

Premier League clubs signing back up full backs for the price of a new stadium at struggling lower league clubs, which if built could set those clubs up for a century or more. Meanwhile the Premier League reserve full backs get moved on a year later for a 15 mill loss because it's chicken feed to those gorging at the top table.

The continued turning of a blind eye to the top clubs hoarding all the young talent who can't even get a game in their reserves or development teams.

They've turned a blind eye to a country buying the Premier League and bending the FFP rules.

The farcical situation where teams relegated from the Premier League get parachute payments of 60 mill when the teams they'll be competing with in the Championship only receive 6 mil which provokes them into overspending to try and get to the promised land. Again, many clubs like Wolves, Villa, Derby and Bournemouth have got away with this but then they pick on Birmingham and let the Bolton, Charlton, Blackpool and Orient sagas go on for years.

And introduce an imperfect VAR system which applies to some games but not others in the same competition.

The continued defence of poor refereeing decisions by FA panels.

The 250k per Premier League club pay off for Scudamore. EFL and FA.. "no comment".

Some bizarre decisions which punish some players and clubs while other clubs and players get off scott free for similar offences with laughable reasoning.

Checkatrade continues regardless of what the fans want.

There's plenty more to write, but the main reason for my vote is the ever growing gulf between the haves and the have nots and no one is doing anything about it at either the FA or the EFL because they're too scared of the Premier League and just act like beggars gratefully receiving any scraps thrown their way while totally mismanaging their day jobs...

Football natural selection.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
Madeleymariner
May 10, 2019, 5:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
What Big Dodgy said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
ROKERITE
May 10, 2019, 5:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5

Surely Alan Hardy deserves the award. Ante-post promotion favourites relegated; Notts Co and his business ventures in huge debt; and to cap it all a "Twitter embarrassment" that I can't imagine John Fenty ever replicating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Footballing twit of the Season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.