Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices up
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 314 Guests

Season ticket prices up

This thread currently has 10,530 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
May 5, 2019, 4:33pm
Guest User
Everything goes up. I suspect those moaning are not real fans or not  season ticket holders.
Reply: 30 - 64
mimma
May 5, 2019, 6:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
I didn't expect the price to stay the same. As some have already mentioned GTFC have bills to pay like everyone else and they don't stay the same or come down. The same fans that moan about Fenty dipping his hands in his pocket to improve the team are then moaning that they have to dig a little deeper. If all the money raised goes to fund the team then it is the right decision and I will renew my season ticket just like I have every season for more years than I can remember in the hope of a season of glory.

I have to agree about not being able to pay for it monthly though. I apreaciate that not everyone can pay for one in one payment like I can. The club need to look at this since we live in a low pay area with little in the way of well paid jobs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 64
Croxton
May 5, 2019, 6:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
I am fortunate, as an exile, that I have other family reasons to visit N. Lincs. so I tend to discount transport costs. My senior discount in the Upper is worthwhile and I only missed 1 game. I will renew early to get my seat again. Even though many of the incentives have no relevance to me I want to see my team as much as I can while personal circumstances allow. Sadly, over this season, some who are close to me have had their lives changed through illness, bereavement and other unforeseen reasons. Their choices have changed for ever.
That said, the deal for families and low waged needs further examination. The marketing seems to ignore modern lifestyles and work patterns. While the fossils like me can still make it to BP we mask the demographics which threaten the viability of many L2 clubs. Surely we can use the success of the Youth Team to promote ST's to local families?
Looking forward to giving the £10 voucher away again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 64
pizzzza
May 5, 2019, 7:39pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from mimma
I apreaciate that not everyone can pay for one in one payment like I can.

Ooooooo look at Rockafeller over there.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 64
SomeSanity
May 5, 2019, 8:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 140067
Everything goes up. I suspect those moaning are not real fans or not  season ticket holders.

Don’t you dare suspect any one of us for not being real fans.

I’m not a real fan because I’m asked to pay more for under par football and think it’s a bit cheeky?

I’m not a real fan because I think GTFC is an old boys club and what comes out of it off field is under par?

Which one or both?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 64
mariner83
May 5, 2019, 8:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
I thought they said when 18/19 prices were kept the same, there would be an increase for 19/20? It hasn't come as a surprise to me anyway.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 35 - 64
HertsGTFC
May 5, 2019, 8:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from mariner83
I thought they said when 18/19 prices were kept the same, there would be an increase for 19/20? It hasn't come as a surprise to me anyway.

It wasn’t guaranteed it was identified as a possibility.

We’ll sell between 2500 to 3,000 as we always do but sadly those who have been so loyal haven’t been rewarded on or off the pitch.

No real incentive to new purchases says all you need to know about the unimaginative pillocks that run and commercially manage this club.

Until we become more creative on and off the out h it will always be the same old same old.

I’ve been a STH for years and like many do a big round trip...... that won’t change let’s just hope our “football fortune” does.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 64
KingstonMariner
May 5, 2019, 8:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Croxton
I am fortunate, as an exile, that I have other family reasons to visit N. Lincs. so I tend to discount transport costs. My senior discount in the Upper is worthwhile and I only missed 1 game. I will renew early to get my seat again. Even though many of the incentives have no relevance to me I want to see my team as much as I can while personal circumstances allow. Sadly, over this season, some who are close to me have had their lives changed through illness, bereavement and other unforeseen reasons. Their choices have changed for ever.
That said, the deal for families and low waged needs further examination. The marketing seems to ignore modern lifestyles and work patterns. While the fossils like me can still make it to BP we mask the demographics which threaten the viability of many L2 clubs. Surely we can use the success of the Youth Team to promote ST's to local families?
Looking forward to giving the £10 voucher away again.

This is the risk. (Not that I see you as a fossil Cockers old boy). Overall we look to have an aging supporter profile. Not helped by waves of emmigration from the area - the first generation might make it back regularly, their offspring might do a bit, but as their social links are increasingly elsewhere they'll slowly stop coming. Driving around town today, much of it is run down and getting shabbier by the year. There are a lot of people who would have been hrdcore in past times who don't have the money. The town centre is dead (you can count the footfall in Freshney Place by hand). Emmigration from GY will not decrease any time soon. If people grow up with no connection with the club, when they go they won't be back. The club needs to work harder at attracting and retaining  and retaining the fanbase instead of the same tired old approaches, and belittling of supporters efforts.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 64
promotion plaice
May 5, 2019, 11:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

After being a season ticket holder for the last few seasons it will be pay as you go next season for me.

I fully expect Jolley to be given a poor budget for league 2 this summer.

No way I'm funding Mr Fenty's £200K a season claw back over bad decisions this time.  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 64
lukeo
May 6, 2019, 7:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I THINK the problem isn't so much the rise in cost but the way they go about it. We've said for years our marketing is shocking. Seriously it isn't difficult, we have so many youngsters coming through we should be pushing for more season ticket holders using the youths as bate (so to speak). I'm quite embarrassed the way the club have just put up on the site saying season tickets are on sale and just left it at that. So frustrating and I genuinely believe it'll be (as much as I hope im wrong) a shock to the club when we struggle to sell 2,000 season tickets this year.
It's a massive shame because I think if given a decent budget aand if the youngsters come good Jolley can do good things with this club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.