6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Malta_Mariner_90
April 28, 2019, 2:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from rancido

It would be interesting to see what the income streams are from those  clubs that don't depend on ticket sales. Do they have grounds that have non-football related income such as conference centres, large catering facilities for weddings etc or maybe even bars that are open on other than matchdays ? BP is very limited in all these areas and that is why a new ground is imperative for the future survival of this club.  At the moment BP is like a factory that employs staff all week long but only has production 23 days a year. You can come up with as many incentives to sell tickets and ST's as you like but you still need to maximise your facilities to supplement that income.

I agree it would make an interesting comparison to see just what we might be missing out on in respect of non match day revenue streams.

It would probably also be worth thinking how many potential customers we would attract on to a new ground on a non match day. Great it will be a new stadium, but it is a new stadium in Grimsby, probably not such a sought after destination for the conference circuit I imagine?

But the main point I was trying to make was that I would have thought that if any company has a particular revenue stream which generates most of its income it relies on it would make sense to maximise this, from the outside at least there seems to be so many ways they are not doing this.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
rancido
April 28, 2019, 7:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91

I was just about to post the same thing (honest)

Just keep hanging around for a non existent new stadium is not doing anybody any good.

Just imagine that Blundell Park  IS a new stadium and get on with it!

The car park and surrounding streets can easily hold enough visitors. McMenemys can be the "conference facilities." It is not ideal, but its not bad.

The pitch can hold outdoor events, so that is a plus. Are there any interior spaces that could be re-allocated?

I held my wedding reception at the ground and everyone thought it was great  (apart from the wife who doesn't like football) - views over the pitch and the relative novelty of a football stadium.

If the current board were running a new stadium, lets be honest what would the difference be?? The novelty factor would soon wear off and we would be back to where we are now.

I know I keep mentioning this but I cannot see the Council allowing any planning permission for any further development at BP that would increase footfall on other than match days. The major point , although a lot don't see this , is car parking. The existing car parking is totally inadequate and parking on the surrounding streets would raise so many objections as to be not even worth considering. It's one thing saying that people who moved in the surrounding streets knew there was a football ground there when they bought their properties but a totally different scenario when you start using that same ground for 365 days a year.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
April 29, 2019, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from rancido

I know I keep mentioning this but I cannot see the Council allowing any planning permission for any further development at BP that would increase footfall on other than match days. The major point , although a lot don't see this , is car parking. The existing car parking is totally inadequate and parking on the surrounding streets would raise so many objections as to be not even worth considering. It's one thing saying that people who moved in the surrounding streets knew there was a football ground there when they bought their properties but a totally different scenario when you start using that same ground for 365 days a year.

I dont think we are talking about holding Adele concerts are we? Business meetings with a few dozen guests. A meeting place for various associations and groups. I have been to business meetings at the ground before and the parking was ok.

Do we hang on doing absolutely nothing more or less, and make the most of what we have, or do we wait another 10 years for a super duper new stadium with bells on?
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
rancido
April 29, 2019, 8:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91

I dont think we are talking about holding Adele concerts are we? Business meetings with a few dozen guests. A meeting place for various associations and groups. I have been to business meetings at the ground before and the parking was ok.

Do we hang on doing absolutely nothing more or less, and make the most of what we have, or do we wait another 10 years for a super duper new stadium with bells on?

But surely a few business meetings with a few dozen guests is hardly likely to get the bank balancing bouncing and even 100 guests will obviously not affect the parking. The fact that you have attended business meetings there shows that  BP is already known for that application.It's extra income streams that are going to attract £1,000's not £100's that we need and that will require investment in a site that should be flattened not enhanced. It's not that I'm being negative, just pointing out the flaws in going down that path.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
gytone
April 29, 2019, 8:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7

I'm not sure there'd be many more than a dozen people for an Adele concert😉😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2019, 11:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I'd be interested to see if anyone has actually done any research into the conference and events market in NEL. How much are we missing out on? It's one of those things that was always trotted out when talking of the benefits of a new stadium, but unless the extra revenue (including extra ticketsales which I assume would go up a bit) covers the cost of building, a new stadium means we'll be worse off not better off.

My suspicion is no proper research has been done on any of it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
1mickylyons
April 30, 2019, 7:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from rancido

But surely a few business meetings with a few dozen guests is hardly likely to get the bank balancing bouncing and even 100 guests will obviously not affect the parking. The fact that you have attended business meetings there shows that  BP is already known for that application.It's extra income streams that are going to attract £1,000's not £100's that we need and that will require investment in a site that should be flattened not enhanced. It's not that I'm being negative, just pointing out the flaws in going down that path.

I ran a non football event at BP a few years ago for around 150 guests and I have to say with all sincerity from start to finish nothing was to much trouble for GTFC in terms of helping me and answering questions as they came up . I will likely run another event this year and Blundell Park will be right at the top of my venue list due to the service they provided previously . The major stumbling for me at the time was the ground not having a lift but I think that`s in the process of being rectified? Once again when you see customer feedback like mine being so positive you just wonder WTF they are thinking with the lack of advertising for a really good central location for functions?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
lukeo
April 30, 2019, 8:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Quoted from rancido

Why don't we need £100's?  Say there is 1 event on a week, 52 weeks of the year and on average each one ONLY makes £200... That's still £10,400 which I assume will almost be 1 member of staff paid in the club house.. Every little helps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
pen penfras
April 30, 2019, 9:14am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from lukeo

Why don't we need £100's?  Say there is 1 event on a week, 52 weeks of the year and on average each one ONLY makes £200... That's still £10,400 which I assume will almost be 1 member of staff paid in the club house.. Every little helps.

But to hold it every week, we'd probably have to employ somebody else to manage and run it, we only have a very small team of admin staff as it is. Plus you've then got to advertise it in order to get the numbers. The cost of all this is probably close to £50k.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
bluebottle
April 30, 2019, 9:28am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Quoted from lukeo

There you go, “ sponsor a GTFC employee “. Pay towards the wage bill therefore freeing cash to spend on players. 😉
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket Initiatives

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.