Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Jim Bentley - Morecambe
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 212 Guests

Jim Bentley - Morecambe

This thread currently has 2,556 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
April 15, 2019, 7:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,199
Gold Stars: 35
Seems to be somewhat angry at the reaction of a small minority of Shrimps supporters and this has got a mixed reaction from their fans. Bentley must know that this sort of (un)constructive critisism happens at most clubs, especially lower down the leagues and am sure Jolley would have received the same here, so maybe its best to bite your tongue sometimes, especially when your crowds are only 1,000 anyway.

On the flip side, he is doing a good job there with clearly the smallest budget in the league and being the bookies red hot favourites to go down in pre-season.

https://www.thevisitor.co.uk/s.....rimps-fans-1-9710690

https://www.thevisitor.co.uk/s.....imsby-town-1-9710795

http://www.shrimpsvoices.co.uk.....a4eeb0842370f84a936b
Logged Offline
Private Message
Croxton
April 15, 2019, 9:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Tired and emotional overreaction to standard crowd comments. Hand on shoulder time both for fans and manager alike.
Jolley clearly reads  The Fishy as he references fan disquiet about 352 and involvement of younger players. He singled Vernam out for praise for example as if to reassure us that he is valued.
Reading social media has pros and cons for managers. On balance, MJ has had a good press and so far he has been controlled in his response to negative reaction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
ROKERITE
April 15, 2019, 9:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +414
Gold Stars: 5
Bentley has every right to be annoyed though he might have been wise to keep his own counsel. He is now the longest serving manager at one club and avoiding relegation each season is a remarkable achievement. Over the last six seasons they haven't averaged attendances of 2,000  once. I think he's earned a crack at a bigger club. If Notts Co go down they could do worse than give Bentley the job of bringing them back up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
chrissy
April 15, 2019, 10:35am

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
If a person pays good money to be entertained and is disappointed they are entitled to show their disapproval.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
GYinScuntland
April 15, 2019, 11:02am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Well if they don't like it they shouldn't fakkin come
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Madeleymariner
April 15, 2019, 12:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
I like the way he said the small things don't go for them, I don't know,  being given a free goal on Saturday having not mustered a proper shot on target for 81 mins was a nice small thing that went in their favour
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
moosey_club
April 15, 2019, 7:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Wow....sounds like their support behind the dugouts must be relations of our own Main Stand Waldorf & Statler's.  

Different clubs, different fans ....all the same traits.

Get them to win at Wembley Jim and then cup your ears, its the only the way to deal with it.

Oh ..after saying they are spoilt at some point of course.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
KingstonMariner
April 15, 2019, 8:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
And I thought it was just our fans who were supposed to be 'toxic'.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Jim Bentley - Morecambe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.