Hagrid
March 12, 2019, 8:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,405
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from promotion plaice

Who was it on here who wanted to give MJ a three year contract?  

Ipswin😉😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 132
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 12, 2019, 8:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,690
Gold Stars: 72
Oh dear oh dear oh dear

This is a bit of a crisis now for the manager. Needs to seriously consider this system and whether he thinks we can acquire the personelle in the summer to make it work. He needs to find a way to steady these results because losing now will increase the pressure on the start to next season.

Does he stick with this making minor changes and try and turn it around like he has managed to previously, though it might be harder now some of the players may be less motivated.

Does he experiment with a big switch up, try something new, yes it could backfire but this bad result could make it look like less of a backfire unless we lose like 6-0. Id go for this and use tiredness as a reason to make a switcharound, and play something safer, hopefully give the team a bit of a breather and releif from the mounting pressure.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 132
carrot top
March 12, 2019, 8:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
I've said all season that this team is very poor. We need a Board with cash to bring in decent players. If we continue like this, at some point in the near future we will be non-league again
Crowd on Saturday?

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 132
mariner tommy
March 12, 2019, 8:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
I’m sick to death of bloody 352, we’re not good enough to play it and too inconsistent, totally p**** off with it

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                  Â â€œI disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 132
louth_in_the_south
March 12, 2019, 8:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,682
Gold Stars: 96
I’m sorry but Davis and  Whitmore are just mediocre non league players who will never be good enough to keep clean sheets . We were lucky on Saturday to get away without letting in 2/3 goals second half from calamitous defending that was only saved by a lucky hack away .
Ohman probably needs to a pre season but tbh he looks like an accident waiting to happen unless he’s heading it and the jury is still well and truly out on him and Ring . The only one I have confidence in is RHJ and he’s better than all the other CBs

I hope jolley has got a few defenders in mind as our back line is so weak .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 132
denni266
March 12, 2019, 8:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 132
I know where am not going on saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 132
Bigdog
March 12, 2019, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Obviously the scoreline isn't acceptable, as wasn't the concentration for the first goal but Tranmere have been fortunate for three of the goals. The second, free kick catches the wind last minute and Macca flaps at it, the ball falls straight to their one player when we have three in the vicinity. The third is a cross that catches the wind and drops in the top corner, (Macca's positioning a bit iffy maybe but I don't think any keeper's stopping that). The fourth drops kindly straight to their man on the volley when we've got bodies around. Has it been good enough? Of course not, but Tranmere have had their fair share of luck. Shame really because we started really well.

As upsetting as it is losing 4-1, we responded well after conceding a soft goal and then after that not really had the luck of the bounce in our box. Don't think Macca's covered himself in glory though..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 132
Davec
March 12, 2019, 8:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
I'm sure several people on here was saying in January that defensively we don't need improvements, we need improvements in all areas next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 132
arryarryarry
March 12, 2019, 8:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Kris2
This is what happens when a team that is pushing for promotion takes on a mediocre L2 side. I'm not sure why everyone sounds surprised, they are on the up and we have lost our last 2 games in a row. We have no consistency and can't keep our form up because we can only sign mediocre players in this league.

Looking at that defence I wish they were as good as mediocre.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 132
nightrider
March 12, 2019, 8:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
A bit harsh some of the comments cos i don't think we've been that bad. We've played worse this season and won. Numerous times.
Just one of those games. Another day we'd be level at half time at the very least

* I swear half the people commenting only bother coming on here when we're losing. When we're winning, you don't here from em

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread vs Tranmere

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.