Tommy
January 12, 2019, 10:31am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'd almost forgotten just how decent he was for us.

Another thing of note is the number of goals he scored by hitting the ball first time instead of trying to control it first before getting a shot off.

I can't remember where, but I'm sure I've seen some stats to say that a majority of goals are scored with one-touch finishes. Can't remember percentages, but more than any alternatives anyway.

When Everton signed Nikita (sp?) Jelavic a few years back I remember he scored something like his first 14 goals for them with a one-touch/first-time finish.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
Davec
January 12, 2019, 10:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
Michael Boulding came back for Craig Disleys benefit match I believe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
gytone
January 12, 2019, 11:53am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,024
Gold Stars: 8
Thought Boulding was class, not many caught him when he was in full flow and some great finishes as well, pity he wasn't with us for that long. Pouton was a great player for us as well, not sure he'd get away with his tackles nowadays, think he did watch us after he left, he was at Wembley for one of our games because i had a good chat to him. Not sure if he married or went out with a Grimsby girl. Wonder what he's up to now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Boulding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.