Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who replaces Embleton??
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 191 Guests

Who replaces Embleton??

This thread currently has 4,071 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
hheh2
December 7, 2018, 11:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Confident Embley will extend his loan with us its best for his development and hes growing game on game

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
Maringer
December 7, 2018, 11:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Croxton
A temporary fix would put M Rose central and push Hess further forward? OR Vernam plays the free role and A Rose up with Wes?

For me, Mitch Rose isn't good enough on the ball to play that sort of a role (though he thinks he is). He's very strong physically and has an eye for goal (not just from the spot), but I don't think he's fluent enough in possession to fit in with the way the midfield is currently trying to play.

Hopefully, Embleton will stay because otherwise I think we're going to need to shake up the way the team plays if he departs. For me, it's a no-brainer for him to remain unless Sunderland are expecting him to play for them at all. He's settled here and doing well and he's done well enough to be guaranteed a place if fit. We're trying to play football again as well so the opportunity is there for him to have almost a full season doing well to help him stake a claim for Sunderland's first team next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
diehardmariner
December 7, 2018, 12:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
I was thinking it more it would be Mitch Rose coming in to sit so that Hessenthaler and Clifton could use their energy a little bit higher up the pitch, knowing they've got a buffer between them and the back four.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Maringer
December 7, 2018, 12:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Hmmm. Possibly, but I'm also not convinced about his mobility. He's not slow once he gets moving but has always struck me as a bit cumbersome and not particularly quick off the mark. Lots of bookings and a couple of red cards from lunging into challenges because he hasn't got there quickly enough. I think as the sitting midfielder, you ideally want somebody a bit nippier, but then you don't get many Kante's in the 4th Division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Northbank Mariner
December 7, 2018, 12:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Although we have not seen him yet. I'm expecting Whitehouse to fill the role, which if we keep Embleton until the end of season means we would carry on in the vein of trying to football in the right way and also carry that into next season due to the length of contracts Hess, Vernham, Clifford have been given and with Pringle being out of contract at the end of this season it would be brilliant for him to sign for us....the future is bright, it's black n white!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Rodley Mariner
December 7, 2018, 3:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I don't think we have anybody else who can do what he does or has his technical ability. Sounds a bit defeatist but I genuinely think any XI we could field in his absence would be weaker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
chaos33
December 7, 2018, 7:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Agree with Rodley. He's our best player, technically, runs at players, can turn a game and uses both feet to good effect. We don't have another player like him. I think there'll be plenty of scouts at L1 level who have noted him, but I'm hoping that he might stay longer than January based on the fact that he's starting every game for us, is enjoying himself and Sunderland wont want to loan him to a rival in the same league. I can't see him wanting to start afresh at another league 2 club mid season either.

That said, I think there's practically zero chance we would have him next season so hoping we can capitalise now. He's doing great and will soon be established at a higher level.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
KingstonMariner
December 7, 2018, 10:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
All sounds a bit like when we had Townsend.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who replaces Embleton??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.