2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
fishboyUTM
November 29, 2018, 8:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
We will make the top twelve easily, could well push for the play offs. In Pringle and particularly the excellent Vernam, we have the forward players to create. Thomas is a decent striker, but I feel it is vitally important we improve on him in January, someone who can hold the ball up and get his fair share. Do that and we can trouble the play offs IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
kamakazebear
November 29, 2018, 8:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +470
We're just far too inconsistent to be anywhere near the play offs in my opinion. Ever since that performance against Lincoln, I knew we had a decent team in there somewhere so we just need Jolley to fine tune it. Hopefully a bright season next year!

Comfortable mid-table finish this season I reckon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
Mrs Doyle
November 29, 2018, 9:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Such fine lines in football not always your own hands.

You also need luck like the Thomas goal, the officials can and often do change games via a dodgy penalty or sending off.

Good form breeds confidence a mid-table finish would feel like a massive relief at this stage but who can tell with GTFC.

Would really love us to keep Embelton to the season's end he looks a real talent and if Vernam, Clifton, Pringle and Akheem can continue to improve who knows?

Another big factor worth mentioning has been Macca's form.

He has been instrumental in helping here by keeping us in touch on more than one occasion that must be a massive inspiration to the rest of the lads particularly the young ones.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
forza ivano
November 30, 2018, 9:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,173
Gold Stars: 265
oh dear, we do get carried away so easily don't we? Let's just remind ourselves that we're only 6 points clear of relegation. i'm more focused on looking over my shoulder at how those are doing below us rather than looking upwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Bigdog
November 30, 2018, 11:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I'd just like us to finish the season strongly so we look like a team on the up and more attractive to any prospective signings in the summer..

Two points a game to get in the play offs is fairly unrealistic, a point a game to be safe is too low a target. We'll probably end up somewhere in between and finish 10th-15th..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Form table

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.