This thread currently has 2,866 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 20, 2018, 9:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
This sounds as if Sunderland are leaning towards letting Embleton stay out on loan for the rest of the season either with us or elsewhere. Seems it may be down to Jolley to persuade him to stay here, or am i reading too much in to this?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.u.....oss-keeping-15435561
Private Message
marinerdazza
November 20, 2018, 9:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
He's played in the FA Cup for us, is doing very well, seems quite happy. Be surprised if he goes anywhere else this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Posh Harry
November 20, 2018, 9:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,359
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Cloudy
This sounds as if Sunderland are leaning towards letting Embleton stay out on loan for the rest of the season either with us or elsewhere. Seems it may be down to Jolley to persuade him to stay here, or am i reading too much in to this?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.u.....oss-keeping-15435561

Think you are reading it exactly how it is Cloudy. Probably going to be up to the player himself as to whether he stays for the rest of the season. If he is enjoying it here then I guess he will stay, if not the he will likely go to another L2 club (maybe L1 I guess, but not sure if he ready for that yet - I have only seen him once so others will be I a better position than me to judge if he is ready to play L1 yet or whether he just stands out in a lower half L2 team).

Would be a bit of a kick in the teeth for the club and Jolley if he went to another L2 club though.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Croxton
November 20, 2018, 10:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Lincoln, Carlisle, Scunny will check him out perhaps but he is more sure of a start at Town. Not much room on the bench next to Rhead!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Maringer
November 20, 2018, 10:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
He knows he's done enough so far to be pretty much guaranteed a start here so you'd think he would be more likely to stay rather than go to the likes of Lincoln. I don't imagine he'll be going to a League One club. Carlisle a bit closer to Sunderland which might be an attraction but no way of knowing if he'd settle in there quickly.

Fingers-crossed he'll stay and continue his recent good form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
OllieGTFC
November 20, 2018, 12:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Why go elsewhere when we have a manager and his assistance who believe in younger players like him, he is better of here

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
Mrs Doyle
November 20, 2018, 12:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Pretty much made the first team place his own with some solid performances I am sure he is enjoying that. Would like to see him finish the season with us. Looks to have that pedigree you need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
jamesgtfc
November 20, 2018, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Why go elsewhere when we have a manager and his assistance who believe in younger players like him, he is better of here

I like the direction the club appears to be heading in and Jolley's willingness to throw young players in. It will certainly enhance our chances of loaning some talented youngsters in the future.

What we really need though, is to own a couple of players possessing the clear talent Embleton has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
grimsby pete
November 20, 2018, 12:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
I think for us to keep him we need to win a few games between now and January,

If we are moving up the table Sunderland and Elliott will want him to continue here,

If we are struggling near the bottom come January they might think he will be better off elsewhere.

Come on you mariners !!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
moosey_club
November 20, 2018, 8:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
The lure of an FA Cup Final Winners Medal will keep him here  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embleton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.