3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
toontown
October 25, 2018, 7:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Cloudy I think u misunderstood one part of my post. I would rather we retain possession than hoof it which is why I had the problem with how we played. So often the end result of us going backwards was a rushed welly from Macca aimlessly up the pitch, which they then won. Far better to either have movement further up the pitch to give the guy in the middle an option in the first place. Even failing that I would rather see the guy in the middle chance it with a pass into the final 3rd that is going to be a 50-50 ball rather than Macca hoof it into the air landing in the middle of the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
ginnywings
October 25, 2018, 9:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
It's League 2. Players will make mistakes and take the wrong option sometimes, but so will the opposition. There are no outstanding teams at this level, and we have already held our own against most of those at the top end of the league, including the league leaders who we easily outplayed, while not getting the win we deserved.

I've said before that all you need to prosper in this league is to graft, be compact, and make less mistakes than the others. If we can then find a few more goals from somewhere, we will be at the right end of the league. I think the turnaround in the last four games hasn't been a massive improvement in what we were doing before, just the right tweaks in the right places, finding and sticking to a settled team, and having a bit of the rub of the green. I don't think we were dire before, and i don't think we are world beaters now. As stated by many, it takes 10 to 12 games to settle down, and we are now finding our feet. Consistency is the key to climbing the table. This side is good enough for the top ten, possibly top seven, if we maintain that level of consistency.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
Cloudy
October 25, 2018, 9:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from ginnywings
It's League 2. Players will make mistakes and take the wrong option sometimes, but so will the opposition. .

Exactly!

Fine margins, RHJ makes a poor pass under pressure, Norris gets put through but McKeown saves, then their right back does virtually the same from the same position, Thomas gets in on goal and scores.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
rancido
October 25, 2018, 5:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
We are " work in progress " and the last four results show we are progressing compared to the previous six.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.