3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
September 30, 2018, 12:38pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
We'll never know whether he is the common denominator unless he departs

At the moment everything large or small that goes wrong is blamed on him. Probably unfair but it's just the way it is

I'm sure Russell Slade is looking at our results with a wry smile

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 26
TAGG
September 30, 2018, 12:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from pizzzza
I refuse to believe that a change of manager will bring about a change in fortune. Haven't we tried that before several times?

We all know the person who has precided over the shitshow that has been the last 15 years. Please John, if you care one jot about this club, leave and leave now, you are not fit to run a football club and that has been clear for a long time.

Nail on head 👍👍

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
September 30, 2018, 1:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GrimRob

At the moment everything large or small that goes wrong is blamed on him. Probably unfair but it's just the way it is

Despite my constant criticism I don't WANT to do that - but he never ever seems to learn from circumstance or experience.

If he refuses to work with, or appoint people in all areas of the club who could give advice and guidance then whose fault is that? The lack of investment (by investment I mean money being spent with no guarantee of getting it back) is killing us; the team the stadium and the infrastructure needs major investment and under the current set up he is the only man who could do it, but he won't. He thinks keeping the club on life support till we eventually pass away is good enough. It isn't and again whose fault is it?

This is a full blown crisis of his own making. Jolley has disappointed for sure, but it goes much deeper than the first team manager. If we don't pull ourselves together and quick we will be making a return to non league, and I am afraid that will be that for many of us till we get new owners, and even then only if they can provide the money professional football demands.

Even non league clubs are super organised, a lot of them well financed and in league football even more so and we are being left so far behind it is laughable.

It cannot be run on a shoestring; well it can but the result is obvious. He has seen this over and over yet still refuses to act differently.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
pizzzza
September 30, 2018, 7:58pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137

Even non league clubs are super organised, a lot of them well financed and in league football even more so and we are being left so far behind it is laughable.

This is the worrying thing. I fear that if we fall through the trap door once again there will be no way back.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
KingstonMariner
September 30, 2018, 8:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob

He's the one constant. Well maybe apart from the fans, and Daves Smith and Moore.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
HertsGTFC
September 30, 2018, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whilst I agree with you 100%, it isn't happening is it?

Grimsby Town FC - the vanity project that became the insanity project.

I still believe (my personal opinion and not the intellectual property of this site) that a certain "non chairman" based around the Humberstone Av area got involved because he saw a "fatted calf" in the TV money we could and ultimately didn't end up getting.

There you go enough to get this thread removed?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
September 30, 2018, 8:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I still believe (my personal opinion and not the intellectual property of this site) that a certain "non chairman" based around the Humberstone Av area got involved because he saw a "fatted calf" in the TV money we could and ultimately didn't end up getting.

There you go enough to get this thread removed?

Absolutely. Being a businessman he wanted to make money when he first took over, not lose any. Who wouldn't ?

This explains his reluctance to actually spend anything on it till he can get rid.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Common Denominator

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.