psgmariner
September 19, 2018, 11:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from smokey111
No joke. Just what I have learnt from various sources. Architectural plans are being drawn up. Feel free to dismiss it, mock it etc. Just trying to contribute.

No mocking, dismissing etc from me. I am convinced it is happening as well.

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
Chrisblor
September 19, 2018, 11:46am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from ska face

Posted on Twitter & Facebook mate.

Think with all the GDPR/comms/newsletter carry-on, best idea might be a quick google form where people can sign up to receive the newsletter?

If you're an organisation with customers / subscribers / members who've signed up there's no requirement to obtain additional consent before sending out newsletters. Basically the trust can happily send out newsletters to the e-mail addresses members provided when they first subscribed without having to obtain any further opt-in. Still would be a decent idea to widely publicise a form on here and social media which members could use to update their contact details if they've stopped receiving newsletters. No need to bin their mailing list off and start again though.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
jock dock tower
September 19, 2018, 2:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
In terms of maintaining a real historical link with Grimsby (Wellington Arms) Freeman Street would be a great site. I would have major concerns though about motorised access - would there be some kind of park and ride scheme available to allow a fairly reasonable flow of traffic in and around the area? Shuttle service via the Pea Bung?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
penrith mariner
September 19, 2018, 3:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +181
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from forza ivano
how did you get the newsletter Grant? I've been a member since day 1 and don't think i've ever received any communication paart from my initial membership certificate

You're lucky I haven't even had that and I've been a member for nearly 2 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
forza ivano
September 19, 2018, 4:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,173
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from penrith mariner

pm barralad penrith - they were very quickly onto it and i'm now (hopefully) back on the mailing list
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
barralad
September 19, 2018, 5:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from penrith mariner

I think it's probably up to us to make contact so I've sent you a p.m.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
TheRealJohnLewis
September 19, 2018, 7:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from ska face

... agreement will also cover protection on what we would call red line issues such as club badge, name, strip, stadium use and “B” teams participation in the league structure. On both our parts there is a commitment to improved communication and engagement...

So are the trust backing the participation of B teams in the Checkatwat trophy?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
dapperz fun pub
September 19, 2018, 7:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from smokey111
No joke. Just what I have learnt from various sources. Architectural plans are being drawn up. Feel free to dismiss it, mock it etc. Just trying to contribute.

Feel free to disclose your sources BUT after all these years waiting for this to happen I find it all a bit of a joke sadly , would welcome some positive truthful news ....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
jamesgtfc
September 19, 2018, 7:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
I've heard a local firm are currently doing the drawings for the new stadium.  Hopefully Extreme have been kicked into the long grass and we can finally press on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
barralad
September 19, 2018, 8:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Chrisblor

If you're an organisation with customers / subscribers / members who've signed up there's no requirement to obtain additional consent before sending out newsletters. Basically the trust can happily send out newsletters to the e-mail addresses members provided when they first subscribed without having to obtain any further opt-in. Still would be a decent idea to widely publicise a form on here and social media which members could use to update their contact details if they've stopped receiving newsletters. No need to bin their mailing list off and start again though.

We have decided to go with this view. As a result some of our members are still recovering from the seismic shock of receiving their first e-mail.
On a more serious note we reckon our system has loads of out of date mail addresses. If any posters on here who are Trust members think that may apply to them feel free to e-mail enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk or p.m. me on here.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust Newsletter - 17th Sept

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.