1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
SuperDan16
September 5, 2018, 10:34am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +49
Morning all

I would like to formally extend an invitation for people to come and attend a trial session of Walking Rugby at Haverstoe Park on Taylor’s Avenue, Cleethorpes on Wednesday October 3rd at 10am.

Following on from the successes of our area’s Walking Football teams and in recognition of the growth of Walking Rugby across the country, the aim is to promote fitness, wellbeing and social inclusion for the over 50s and people with disabilities in a fun and friendly environment devoid of the blood and thunder action seen in the Premiership or Super League.

The first session is free with the aim being to hold sessions on the first Wednesday of every month.

Everyone is welcome and please feel free to share this information with anyone who you think might benefit.

If anyone has any questions then either reply to this post or send me a PM.

Thanks
Dan
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
September 20, 2018, 11:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
How do you tackle mate ?

Is it tag you are it ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
SuperDan16
September 23, 2018, 4:04pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
How do you tackle mate ?

Is it tag you are it ?

Essentially yes, a tackle is completed by touching the lower torso of the ball carrier
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
grimsby pete
September 24, 2018, 2:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
I am 70 and just recovered from one knee replacement and waiting for my other knee to be replaced.

I could managed that then after my other knee has recovered but Cleethorpes is a long way from Suffolk.

I will look if they are doing it down here I know they do the walking football so I would imagine they will do Rugby because it a popular sport around here,

Best of luck for the Cleethorpes game.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
SuperDan16
September 24, 2018, 8:53pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I am 70 and just recovered from one knee replacement and waiting for my other knee to be replaced.

I could managed that then after my other knee has recovered but Cleethorpes is a long way from Suffolk.

I will look if they are doing it down here I know they do the walking football so I would imagine they will do Rugby because it a popular sport around here,

Best of luck for the Cleethorpes game.

Thank you for your kind words, hopefully you can get a game somewhere in the near future.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
SuperDan16
October 2, 2018, 6:41pm
Coke Drinker
Just a bit of a boost for this one. The session takes place tomorrow (Wednesday October 3rd) morning at 10am prompt. If you’re planning on attending please be advised to arrive before 9.50am for player registration in the car park of Haverstoe Park which is accessible from the Hardys Road entrance of the park.

Remember that the trial session is completely FREE, all you need to bring is yourself and some comfortable clothes/footwear. I’ll even chuck in a free bottle of water to keep you refreshed.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

#WalkThisWay
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
Les Brechin
October 4, 2018, 3:47pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,716
Gold Stars: 174
It's a shame that the sessions are in working hours which I'm sure prevents quite a few (non-retired) people from attending. If it was sometime over the weekend I'm sure there would be a few more people attending.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
moosey_club
October 4, 2018, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,277
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Les Brechin
It's a shame that the sessions are in working hours which I'm sure prevents quite a few (non-retired) people from attending. If it was sometime over the weekend I'm sure there would be a few more people attending.

Not considering it with your previous are you Les ?!!?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
SuperDan16
October 4, 2018, 8:15pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

I’ve had one or two people saying similar things to me, once we’re fully up and running (or should that be walking..) and if there is demand for it then it something we may look towards in the future. Regular weekend sessions would also require someone else coming on board to help run the sessions as the demands of my job involves working weekends.

It is something we may look towards in the near future though.

In the meantime our next session is on Wednesday November 7th again at Haverstoe Park commencing at 10am. If you’re a new player (which you most likely would be if you’re reading this) then the session will be free.

#WalkThisWay
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
Les Brechin
October 4, 2018, 8:33pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,716
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from moosey_club

Not considering it with your previous are you Les ?!!?

No, I don't think it would be a good idea for me to get involved really!  

I was just making the point that more people would be able to make it if the sessions were at the weekend.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cleethorpes Walking Rugby

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.