2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
August 10, 2018, 9:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Over 800 tickets sold for Macc after a 1-4 home defeat that is top support indeed.People can say what they like and frequently do BUT the support this Club gets Season after Season is nothing short of brilliant hats off to all those travelling and please bring back 3 points. I hope the fans can keep the faith with some hard games to come and if we can maintain around 5k at home til Xmas I think we could be pleasantly surprised by what follows? League 2 is not great and hasn`t been since we returned we just need to take advantage of it whilst the lack of bodies yesterday was disappointing the loan market is open and we will see some incoming.Jolley has got this we just need to be prepared for a slow start that will get better and better 800+ to Macc is a real statement of support from the fans keep it up .UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerdazza
August 10, 2018, 9:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
One thing is for sure, it'll be noisier than it was last Saturday...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 10, 2018, 10:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from marinerdazza

Open terrace and wet weather 😕

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
1mickylyons
August 10, 2018, 10:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Open terrace and wet weather 😕

Can`t be worse than my last visit we won 0-1 and the heaven`s opened whilst we were on the terrace (my mate was to mean to pay an extra £2 for a seat)then the snow came.We got back alright even though urine wet through but a lot of Town fans got stranded  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
Townee82
August 10, 2018, 10:31am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Can`t be worse than my last visit we won 0-1 and the heaven`s opened whilst we were on the terrace (my mate was to mean to pay an extra £2 for a seat)then the snow came.We got back alright even though urine wet through but a lot of Town fans got stranded  

Right am not going .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
Chrisblor
August 10, 2018, 10:35am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
Weather forecast for tomorrow in Macclesfield is absolutely fine - 20c with sunny intervals and a 2% chance of rain.

That game a couple of years ago over Christmas though - don't think I've ever been colder or wetter in my entire life! Fortunately got away pretty quickly and made it over the Peaks to Sheffield before the snow started properly coming down so wasn't one of the unlucky lot to get stranded!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
lew chaterleys lover
August 10, 2018, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from marinerdazza

Second half anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
1mickylyons
August 10, 2018, 10:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor
Weather forecast for tomorrow in Macclesfield is absolutely fine - 20c with sunny intervals and a 2% chance of rain.

That game a couple of years ago over Christmas though - don't think I've ever been colder or wetter in my entire life! Fortunately got away pretty quickly and made it over the Peaks to Sheffield before the snow started properly coming down so wasn't one of the unlucky lot to get stranded!

Was your mate a tight fisted git also
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
chelseacity
August 10, 2018, 11:02am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
This is a fantastic football club, the away support is as good as most Championships clubs get, the fans are more passionate than most of the Premier league clubs, that's because most of their fans have never even been to their teams ground let alone watch them live. Many players who have played for our fantastic club move on to other clubs but like the area that much move back & retire very happily here. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
1mickylyons
August 10, 2018, 12:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

Aye proper bracing Chris as was  the Notts County home game a decade or so ago.That was worse for me in the Upper with a Siberian brought wind.The xmas hip flasks were all emptied by HT and a 0-1 defeat courtesy of Lee Hughes made it even worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Support

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.