rancido
August 3, 2018, 1:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,609
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from golfer
I feel it.s a BIG target man we need-Angol not big or powerful enough for me. Naturally I would like Bogle but not a chance in a million. I have always liked the Shop but he doesn't seem very popular on here.

The downside of having a BIG target man is the tendency to play route 1, especially if you are a goal down and not much playing time left. Matt Tees wasn't a big man but was good in the air and in the penalty area. I would prefer to have forwards who can create and take chances in the box rather than some man mountain like Rhead.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 151
The Singing Fisherman
August 3, 2018, 1:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
????? Wrong Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 151
Jarmo.Is.God
August 3, 2018, 1:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from golfer
I feel it.s a BIG target man we need-Angol not big or powerful enough for me. Naturally I would like Bogle but not a chance in a million. I have always liked the Shop but he doesn't seem very popular on here.

Funny you should say that.
This is how one mansfield fan describes him...

I think he has all the ability in the world. He's big, strong, quick, good on the ball he just needs to apply himself, this season is by far the biggest of his career so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 151
Mighty_Mariner
August 3, 2018, 1:29pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from golfer
How anybody can seriously think that Town would be ABLE to spend £300K never mind someone from Mansfield reserves. Where on Earth would this money be coming from. We couldn't scrape £300K up even if we sold our full squad

Nobody on here is claiming we will be bidding/paying £300k for Angol? That's what their chairman said he is worth but as others have pointed out he has handed in a transfer request and as a result his value will have reduced.

Players are only worth what the buying club is willing to part with.

Was Neymar worth £220m? Probably not but that's what PSG were willing to pay.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 151
Swansea_Mariner
August 3, 2018, 1:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Lump a championship striker unknown lolz
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 151
Father Christmas
August 3, 2018, 2:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Nobody on here is claiming we will be bidding/paying £300k for Angol? That's what their chairman said he is worth but as others have pointed out he has handed in a transfer request and as a result his value will have reduced.

Players are only worth what the buying club is willing to part with.

Was Neymar worth £220m? Probably not but that's what PSG were willing to pay.

Argumentative fornicator
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 151
Mighty_Mariner
August 3, 2018, 2:24pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Father Christmas

Argumentative fornicator

Nope that's not very jolly and Christmassy is it!

In what realm of fantasy was that being argumentative?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 151
golfer
August 3, 2018, 2:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 116
Mighty Mariner-you are an argumentative fornicator. I have often thought this but it took Father Christmas to state it. I have noticed that you often have a go at my posts, never mind the red x's that you give to my posts. Chill out pal and you might learn something other than your bigoted views
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 151
Garth
August 3, 2018, 2:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from rancido

The downside of having a BIG target man is the tendency to play route 1, especially if you are a goal down and not much playing time left. Matt Tees wasn't a big man but was good in the air and in the penalty area. I would prefer to have forwards who can create and take chances in the box rather than some man mountain like Rhead.

You mean having a Plan B
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 151
Cloudy
August 3, 2018, 3:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from golfer
Mighty Mariner-you are an argumentative fornicator. I have often thought this but it took Father Christmas to state it. I have noticed that you often have a go at my posts, never mind the red x's that you give to my posts. Chill out pal and you might learn something other than your bigoted views

Pot/kettle?
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 151
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Big signing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.