4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
June 4, 2018, 5:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Maybe wouldnt be a bad thing if they said no earlier rather than later?
Collins at his age is a gamble for me anyway and Summerfield can very easily be replaced.
Im thinking mr Jolley has offered them wages he sees fit and may not be up to their liking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
MuddyWaters
June 4, 2018, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from oldun
they are obviously not keen otherwise they would be signing on the dotted. it is a case of "if nothing better crops up I might stay" You either want to play for us or you don't, let us know and we move on.

Or they may have offers that are longer term than we have offered. They are both over 30 and, certainly in Collins case, probably signing their last or last but one contract.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
golfer
June 4, 2018, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
Let them go

You must be taking the piste-they were our 2 best players last season-lest anybody should forget. We are only offering 1 year contracts so if anybody came in and offered 2years  i wouldn't blame them. We were pig shite too clever over Arnold and Almond and suffered for it. don't let us make the same mistake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
MuddyWaters
June 4, 2018, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from golfer

You must be taking the piste-they were our 2 best players last season-lest anybody should forget. We are only offering 1 year contracts so if anybody came in and offered 2years  i wouldn't blame them. We were pig shite too clever over Arnold and Almond and suffered for it. don't let us make the same mistake

Some people have short memories golfer. Summers won several awards at POTY and was a shoe-in for the main award in many fans' eyes - if I was him I would have hoped to get a 2 year deal.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
Cod Cheeks
June 4, 2018, 5:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Quoted from golfer

Macca was our best player and they were average at best in a well below average team
Can't even compare them with Arnold and Amond

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
BottesfordMariner
June 4, 2018, 5:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Summerfield was one of our most consistent performers last season. Even during the bad run he always gave 100% and tried to encourage others around him. He won over a lot of fans with his attitude (me included).  I was happy he was offered a new deal......but if he decides his future is elsewhere so be it.

Good luck to him and he would go with my best wishes and I hope should he ever return to BP in another sides colours he would be given a warm reception. But he is replaceable as is everyone  of course. But lets not pretend he is one of Town's greats. A good honest pro.

As for Collins. A bit like Summerfield. A good pro. Plenty of experience at a high level but he is 38 I think. His playing time is coming to an end. Worth a 1 year deal but if he chooses to go, like Summerfield, then fine we bring someone else in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
ginnywings
June 4, 2018, 6:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Summers and Collins were two of our best performers toward the end of the season and it was usually a toss up which one was MOM for me in most games, but it has to be said that we weren't of the required standard by a long way last season, so is it just that they were the best of a bad bunch? Won't be ecstatic if they stay, won't be despondent if they leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Zmariner
June 4, 2018, 8:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Summerfield was great last year and stand out player of the season for me. I want him to stay.
Collins incredibly consistent and so again I hope he stays utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
Jimbob
June 4, 2018, 8:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +2
all three are average at best, there is better players available.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
Swansea_Mariner
June 4, 2018, 8:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
We had all this last year with Collins, no doubt being the calibre of player he was he probably just has a better agent wringing every last cent out of the negotiation. I think he'll end up signing just like last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Collins and Summerfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.