Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back-on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 334 Guests

Just Back-on the bus.

This thread currently has 2,984 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
barralad
May 5, 2018, 5:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Great day in the very hot sun. The biggest cheer before the second half started was for a six year old who was doing a sponsored run round the pitch for his seriously ill younger brother. Absolutely nothing happened on the pitch apart from the second biggest cheer when Mad Gav got booked.
Second half totally different. Once Hooper's toe poke took fully 30 seconds to cross the line there was only one team in it. Hooper's second was pretty good...the third was absolutely sublime.
Macca made his regulation two decent saves. Clark and Collins dealt with everything FGR could throw at them. Summerfield busy as usual. Rose did his bit well.
At the end Jolley motioned to the players to come across to the fans but he made sure that we knew that he thought they'd done everything he'd asked of them. We all know that was the last we'll see of some of them but what a swansong.
Already excited for next season

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
May 5, 2018, 8:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,173
Gold Stars: 265
Good summing up.fgr played some nice stuff but their final ball was inept. First half was a meaningless end of season game but jolle y obviously said summat at half time and they came out with a committed hard-working second half. Woolford was the main disappointment whilst hall Johnson wasn't much better. I've got tenuous links with rhj  and want him to do well but I have to say it won't be a surprise if jolley finds a new rb .I didn't think Summerfield was as good as usual whereas rose played with real confidence.thought he showed some lovely touches as well as his usual committment.2 centre backs did well and cardwell gave his usual committee but non goalscoring performance.thought Clifton was very good as well. Hooper was actually pretty anonymous if the scorer of a hat tricks be anonymous! Scruffiest goal you will ever see for the first but make sure youwatch the other 2 cuts in from the left and sublime curlers into the far corner. There is definitely a player in there somewhere and jolle y may be the man to bring out the best in him.excellent end to a shiite season
In jolle y we trust!
Ps really hope those fgr nobheads  got a slap.total tools.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
forza ivano
May 5, 2018, 8:36pm

Exile
Forgot to mention fox.mebad .totally committed.never going to be the greatest left back in the world but he gives his all and you can't ask for too much more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
moosey_club
May 5, 2018, 8:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano
Good summing up.fgr played some nice stuff but their final ball was inept. First half was a meaningless end of season game but jolle y obviously said summat at half time and they came out with a committed hard-working second half. Woolford was the main disappointment whilst hall Johnson wasn't much better. I've got tenuous links with rhj  and want him to do well but I have to say it won't be a surprise if jolley finds a new rb .I didn't think Summerfield was as good as usual whereas rose played with real confidence.thought he showed some lovely touches as well as his usual committment.2 centre backs did well and cardwell gave his usual committee but non goalscoring performance.thought Clifton was very good as well. Hooper was actually pretty anonymous if the scorer of a hat tricks be anonymous! Scruffiest goal you will ever see for the first but make sure youwatch the other 2 cuts in from the left and sublime curlers into the far corner. There is definitely a player in there somewhere and jolle y may be the man to bring out the best in him.excellent end to a shiite season
In jolle y we trust!

??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
HertsGTFC
May 5, 2018, 9:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from forza ivano
In jolle y we trust!

I would not like to feel like what you’ll feel like in the morning.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
forza ivano
May 5, 2018, 9:36pm

Exile
Btw mckeown was just with the other players at the end.didn't throw his shirt or gloves into the crowd.wonder if he might stay. Great to see berrett ( hopefully) end his gtfc career with a ten minute cameo which perfectly sumed up his oh too long stay with us.In other words he was completely anonymous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Davec
May 6, 2018, 7:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Well the first half was scrappy end of season feel to the game where nothing happened at all, 2nd half was much better and it's good to end the season on a high, the back 4 was solid, Hall Johnson had an off day however. Midfield was alright, Clifton had a few poor first touch's but he showed good energy. Woolford disappointed and Summerfield and Rose battled hard. Up front I actually thought Hooper had a poor game but It has been suggested that he's better when coming onto his right foot and that was demonstrated with his 2nd and 3rd goals.
Cardwell is a willing runner and he works hard but unfortunately he looks quite some way off the standard.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 6, 2018, 7:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Great game.
Great noise.

Highlight was seeing that ginger lad coming back with some factor 50 (apart from the goals)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back-on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.