1mickylyons
May 1, 2018, 12:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings
Parker was also instrumental in pushing for Neil Woods as manager. That was a terrible decision, usually laid at the feet of JF.

I had a chat with him on or around this time and yes he was a massive fan of Woods for the job he had done with the youngsters and Mike`s vision was to develop home grown players for the first team. That vision is the same one most Town fans concur with but putting a good youth team coach in charge of soccer mercenaries like Sweeney and Conlon turned out with hindsight a massive disaster.We all make mistakes and errors of judgement it`s what you learn from those type of mistakes in football that matters and that`s why the Town support fell so flat January when it was obvious history was being repeated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
headingly_mariner
May 1, 2018, 12:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I had a chat with him on or around this time and yes he was a massive fan of Woods for the job he had done with the youngsters and Mike`s vision was to develop home grown players for the first team. That vision is the same one most Town fans concur with but putting a good youth team coach in charge of soccer mercenaries like Sweeney and Conlon turned out with hindsight a massive disaster.We all make mistakes and errors of judgement it`s what you learn from those type of mistakes in football that matters and that`s why the Town support fell so flat January when it was obvious history was being repeated.

And to be fair the majority of the damage was done before Woodsy got the job. Newell had left the squad in a bloated and rotten state, it lacked discipline and professionalism. We had narrowly avoided relagation the previous season and allowed catastrophic managment of Newell to continue.

Woods huge winless run was awful to watch and it was a shame for everyone that he could'nt turn it round. I think had he come in at a different time he could have been a decent manager. The club was in an appalling mess at the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
arryarryarry
May 1, 2018, 2:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Cloudy

You regularly post this but Mike Parker was involved in the process throughout according to the Trust people i spoke to

According to a Trust board member I spoke to some time ago I was told he wasn't impressed with the decision to hand over the shares.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
1mickylyons
May 2, 2018, 11:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from arryarryarry

According to a Trust board member I spoke to some time ago I was told he wasn't impressed with the decision to hand over the shares.

In fairness would you or I have been?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
arryarryarry
May 2, 2018, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 1mickylyons

In fairness would you or I have been?

I would have been furious, it does seem strange that differing views seem to be coming from Trust members though.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
moosey_club
May 2, 2018, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Simariner
Mr Ross, My Dyson anymore that may have an interest?

Dyson ?

Has he finished that industrial scale building he calls home yet ?  Could build a new stadium in his back garden i suppose.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.