1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
April 20, 2018, 10:52pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Good deal or not for Exeter  ?

Exeter City have criticised the tribunal over Ethan Ampadu's move to Chelsea, declaring the outcome sends out the "wrong message" to clubs who produce young talent.
The Professional Football Compensation Committee has ruled the Grecians will receive a guaranteed sum of £1.3million for the 17-year-old, with the fee potentially rising to £2.5 million through additional payments.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/athletics/exeter-left-disappointed-by-ampadu-transfer-verdict

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
April 20, 2018, 11:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
If we got £1.3 million for a 17 year old be more than happy. As it was Chelsea I take it that Exeter would have been disappointed regardless.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
promotion plaice
April 20, 2018, 11:18pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from HertsGTFC
If we got £1.3 million for a 17 year old be more than happy. As it was Chelsea I take it that Exeter would have been disappointed regardless.

Must say it looked a very good deal for Exeter, not sure what they are complaining about but it went to a tribunal.

The way we got robbed over the Kevin Drinkell tribunal sprung to mind though.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
HertsGTFC
April 20, 2018, 11:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from promotion plaice

Must say it looked a very good deal for Exeter, not sure what they are complaining about but it went to a tribunal.

The way we got robbed over the Kevin Drinkell tribunal sprung to mind though.

Yeah I wonder sometimes if we forget how good Kevin was, in my lifetime I think I’ve only seen Super Clive who stands up against him as a great finisher.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
ex-merseymariner
April 20, 2018, 11:52pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

I thought 1.5 mill for.a teenage Welsh international was the going rate...... in 1997.

Yes, that's a john oster reference.
It's not enough money.

The drinkell thing is.ancient history.. at least I found a half relevant comparison  😆

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Tommy
April 21, 2018, 12:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Bottom line for me is, we won't know if it's a good deal for Exeter or not until we see how far he goes in the game.

With Chelsea's record with youngsters I'd expect him to play in the u23s for a bit, go out on loan to a dutch club, come back and go on loan to a Championship/League1 club, then end up signing for a Championship/League 1 club.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Mrs Doyle
April 21, 2018, 12:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yeah I wonder sometimes if we forget how good Kevin was, in my lifetime I think I’ve only seen Super Clive who stands up against him as a great finisher.

Drinks was my era, he was the best centre-forward I have ever seen here good pace, good on the floor and in the air knew were the goal was but his best quality was his immense strength legs like tree trunks he could charge through any defence. Norwich got an absolute bargain from the tribunal he then went on to play in large part in a star-studded Glasgow Rangers side alongside the likes of Ali Mc Cloist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
headingly_mariner
April 21, 2018, 12:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
they’ve sold 3 players for over a million quid in the last 3 years. Play a lot of their own young players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £ Rewards for producing new talent

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.